Ch.75 Tombstones

After making sure Cerise was gone, Brooke and Delilah came out from the cottage.

"Hey what part of the story are we in?" Brooke asked.

"Um-" Delilah said as she examined the place.

"What are you two doing here?" they turned around to see a girl with messy strawberry blonde hair and was wearing rags and was covered in ashes.

"Ashlynn?" Brooke gasped.

"How do you know my name?" she asked nervously as she gripped onto the broom she was holding.

"Well uh-".

"Oh never mind, you two need to go before my step family comes back, they don't like unwanted visitors."

"Uh, sure" Delilah said "Sorry."

And with that she and Brooke went away. But as they turned around, they watched as Ashlynn started to sweep the porch with the broom.

"Poor Ashlynn" Brooke said with a sad look.

"It's like her fairytale" Delilah said "Expect it's much worse. She's more than a servant, she's basically their slave. They beat her everyday."

Brooke gave a sad sigh as she felt sorry for Ashlynn.

"But anyway" Delilah said "There's something I need to show you."

Brooke then followed Delilah until they came upon a cemetery.

"What are we doing here?" she asked.

"Read the tombstones" Delilah said sadly.

Brooke read the tombstones and couldn't believe her eyes when she realized she knew all of them.

"Duchess?" she gasped when she read Duchess's tombstone "What happened?"

"She committed suicide" Delilah said sadly "So she can escape her destiny."

Brooke then read the next tombstone.

"Blondie?" she gasped.

"Killed by bears" Delilah sighed sadly.

The next tombstone read Lizzie Hearts.

"What happened to Lizzie?" Brooke asked with shock.

"She tried to protect someone, but she failed, and then it was off with her head."

"Who was she trying to protect?"

"Her Wonderland friends, but because of her failure, they were all taken to the asylum."

Brooke gave a gasp as she read the next tombstone.

"Sparrow and his Merry Men?" she gasped.

"Executed for their crimes" Delilah sighed sadly.

The next tombstone read Ramona Badwolf.

"Ramona?"

"Killed by a hunting party" Delilah said "Cerise managed to escape, but because of her sister's death, she started to hate people and became Cerise Wolf."

The next tombstones read the Brothers Grimm.

"Milton and Giles?" Brooke gasped.

"Killed by the Queen."

"Who exactly is the Queen?"

"I'll tell you later, but the next tombstone is probably the most saddest."