Ch.24 The Mirror

After talking to Jackie and Northwind, everyone went out of the station where they saw Crystal sitting on a bench with snow falling around her.

"Crystal" Olivia said as they went up to her.

Crystal gave a sigh as she made the snow go away.

"How are you feeling?"

"I don't know" Crystal sighed "I just can't seem to believe Jackie, I don't think Noelle has ever been jealous of me. I mean she did have problems controlling her powers, but my parents and I still loved her for who she is."

"Well what about that horrible thing Noelle did that crushed you so you had to put her in that urn?" Elena said.

"Now that was a mistake" Crystal said sadly "I never should of done that, I feel like such a bad sister."

"You think that's what caused her to change?" Brooke asked.

"I don't know, I just wish I can talk to her without her trying to hurt anyone, but I know she doesn't want to talk to me."

"We'll try to figure something out" Aidan said "But the main thing we need to know is where she's hiding and how we can stop her."

"But how can we find her if Jackie and Northwind wont even tell us?"

After a moment of thinking, Brooke got an idea.

"What about her ice cream truck?" she suggested.

"She has an ice cream truck?" Elena said.

"I saw it in the woods, it has the same name as the ice cream parlor, but it looks run downed, and it could seem like a place to hide."

"I think she's right" Aidan agreed "We need to look."

"Actually" Elena said "I think the 3 of us will go, Brooke, I think you and Crystal should go to the library to see if there's anything about Noelle or what she's up to."

"What makes you think we can find something about Noelle?" Crystal asked.

"Every book that was at Ever After is now at the public library, every fairytale book is at the library, you may find something that can tie to Noelle."

"Plus Macy's cousin works at the library" Brooke added "She can help us."

"Macy's cousin?" Crystal said.

"I think you know who" Brooke smiled.

"Brooke" Elena said "Where did you see the ice cream truck?"

"It's somewhere up north in the woods, I don't exactly remember where, but there could be snow and ice tracks so you should be able to find it."

"Come on guys" Elena said as they took off while Brooke and Crystal went off until they made it to the library where they went in.

And inside they saw a girl with long brown hair and brown glasses stacking books on a shelf when she turned and saw them.

"Crystal?" she gasped.

"Rosabella?" Crystal gasped.

"Oh my gosh it's you!" she gasped as she ran up to Crystal and into a hug "I heard you were here but I never got a chance to see you, how did you get here anyway?"

"It's a long story."

"Crystal" Brooke said "Here Rosabella is Kimberly, but you can call her Kim."

"Or Rosabella" Kim said "Which ever you prefer."

"Well, I'm gonna try calling you Kim, anyway, we need your help."

"What can I help you with?"

"Did you watch Hailee's video of Crystal's sister Noelle?" Brooke asked.

"Yes, I can't believe I never knew about her."

"Oh you did" Crystal said "But that's another long story."

"So what do you need my help with?"

"We were wondering if there's any books that can help us see what Noelle is up to" Brooke said "Maybe perhaps the original story of 'The Snow Queen'."

"Well, only one way to find out, look around."

So the girls then started to look around the library, hoping to find answers to how to stop Noelle.

________

But up in the woods, inside of an ice home, Noelle looked at her reflection in Elena's mirror when Mira walked up to her.

"So that's what you've been trying to get?" she said "My daughter's mirror?"

"Yes" Noelle said "You and anyone should know the mirror's importance. Mirror's reflect our mood, our desires, our essences. They are a temporary receptacle for some, tiny fractions of our souls. I hope you already know this Mira, I mean it's in your name and story."

"I know that, but don't have other mirrors?"

"I have many, hundreds, but none as important as this one. For what I want to do, your mirror prison should do quite nicely. Your daughter may not know this, but every mirror she owns contains dark magic, like this one."

"So what are you planning to do?"

"What I'm planning, is to get what has been denied to me for too long" Noelle said with a frown "What I deserve."

"And what's that?"

"That's between me and-" she looked at the mirror "Well, my reflection."

She then waved her hand as a wall slid opened revealing a way out.

"Enjoy your freedom Mira" she said "I think I can handle this on my own now."

"Um, okay" Mira said as she turned to leave.

"A word of advice" Noelle added as Mira stopped "Get a warm coat, it's going to get chilly around here."

Mira gave a nod as she left the ice home. Now alone, Noelle looked at the mirror as she went over to a small empty stage. She then looked at the mirror as she waved her hand over it as it shattered into pieces. She then waved her hand through the air as her powers created a large white mirror, but the screen was shattered and a small shard was missing in the center.

"So close" Noelle whispered to herself as she looked at her reflection in the cracked mirror "Soon I will have what I want."

She then took a shard from Elena's mirror and held it in her palm towards the mirror, the shard then flew out of her hand and into the missing center fitting perfectly as the cracks disappeared to revealing a smooth clean reflection.

Noelle then went up to the mirror and looked at her reflection in the now smooth surface. She then used her powers to transform her look into her old self, her hair was now white with a snowflake hair clip, and she was wearing her old snowflake dress, but the only thing she didn't have on was her gloves, her gloves that would conceal her magic.

"A family that loves me" she said "A family that doesn't see me as a monster."