Ch.60 Ink spill

When Ms. Erwin return to her mansion with her dog, she entered her home and realized that it was dead quiet.

"Wendell" she called.

Pretty soon Wendell appeared from the dining room.

"Hello mother" he said with a sneaky smile "I've been expecting you."

At that point the dog started growling at him, but instead of being scared, Wendell gave a small chuckle.

"Yeah you don't scare me anymore" he smirked as he pulled out Brooke's quill that was already dipped in the ink and he started to write on a piece of paper, and soon the dog poofed and disappeared.

Ms. Erwin stood there with shock as she turned to Wendell.

"After all that time being locked away" he said "There's something I've been wanting to do for a long time mother."

And with that he wrote on the paper, and at that point Ms. Erwin started to feel pain in her heart as she clutched her chest and tried to steady herself on a chair as she felt her breath being taken away. Pretty soon she collapsed to the floor, dead, and Wendell stood there with a proud smile on his face.

After a while, Brooke arrived at the mansion and knocked on the door, she waited but there was no answer. She knocked again, still no respond. Confused, she looked through the window and saw that the lights were on, so she knew someone was inside. She then turned the knob and found that it was unlocked as she peeked in.

"Hello?" she called, no answer.

Brooke then stepped into the mansion and closed the door, she felt a bit guilty of having to walk into a home without permission, but she needed to talk to Wendell.

"Hello?" she called again, still no answer.

All of sudden she began to hear loud music from the attic, so she quickly ran upstairs and to the attic door.

"Wendell" she called as she knocked, no respond.

Realizing he can't hear her due to the loud music, Brooke stormed in and saw Wendell sitting at his desk writing in a notebook with his back turned to her.

"Hey" she called, he didn't respond.

Brooke then went to the radio that was playing the music and turned it off.

"Wendell" she called as he stopped writing, knowing that she caught his attention "Where's your mother?"

At that point he rolled his wheeling chair around and faced her with a sneaky smile on his face.

"Well thanks to you she's dead dear" he said with his sneaky look "Oh you should of seen the way I made her suffer from that heart attack, it's a memory I'll truly cherish."

Brooke then realized the truth as her eyes widen.

"No" she gasped "How could you do this? I thought you cared about me."

"Well that was the idea darling" he smirked as he got up "I knew you would come in handy, and thanks to you I'm finally free, all because of your gullible self."

Brooke was even more shocked, the first friend she made in the real world lied to her, betrayed her, used her.

"Why?" she asked as she felt her eyes water.

"That's the question in everyone's mind isn't it?" he said "I wish I had an answer, some people struggle not to be drawn into the darkness, but ever since I was a little boy I've said: Why not splash in and have fun?"

Brooke felt her blood boil with anger, but instead of attacking him, she turned and saw the quill and ink on a nightstand. Knowing what she needed to do, she quickly ran to the nightstand and started to dip the quill into the ink.

"No!" Wendell yelled as he grabbed her wrist with the ink and tried to pull it away.

But when Brooke flipped her wrist down, the ink spilled onto Wendell's bare arm as he gave a cry in pain and back away while clutching his arm. Brooke's jaw dropped when she saw that steam was coming out from ink on his arm as he continued to cry in pain.

"Look what you've done!" he yelled with anger.

But knowing what she still needed to do, Brooke started to write on a piece of paper with the quill.

"Drop that you scribbler!" Wendell growled, but Brooke just ignored him "Oh you are gonna pay for this!"

And with that he picked up a pistol and aimed it at Brooke as she held onto the paper. Wendell tried to pull the trigger, but he found he couldn't do it. Brooke gave a sneaky smile as she watched him try to pull the trigger.

"Why can't I pull the trigger?" he demanded "What did you do?!"

"I've learn a lesson from you" Brooke said with her sneaky smile "Take a person loves, and destroy it."

Wendell stood there with shock as she picked up the ink bottle that had fallen on the floor.

"You fool" he scowled as she started out "I'm not done with you, I'm not done at all!"

After a while, Olivia and Elena went back into the living room where they saw that the book was on the floor and was opened.

"What the?" Elena said confused "How did the book open?"

"Maybe the fall plopped it open" Olivia guessed.

"Yeah" Elena agreed as she picked up the book "Well at least we can read it now."

As she read it, she noticed that the writings were hand written.

"Whoa wait a minute" she said "This is like a dairy."

"A dairy?" Olivia said "Why would a dairy be titled 'The Author'?"

"Who know? But this is sad story, it talks about the writer meeting a boy who betrayed her."

"Whoa let me see" Olivia said with interest as Elena showed her the writings.

But as they were doing so, Brooke entered.

"What are you guys doing?" she asked as they turned to her.

"Oh just checking out this book" Elena said.

"Wait what?" Brooke's eyes widen when she saw the book.

"Sorry we didn't ask you first, but this is a really interesting story."

Brooke then saw the key on the floor.

"No" she gasped.

"Brooke we're sorry" Olivia said "We just thought this book might tell us something about the Author, I mean it is titled 'The Author'."

"That book was locked for a reason!" Brooke yelled "Do you realize who you just released?!"

"Released?" they said.

"Me" a voice suddenly said that sent chills down Brooke's spine.

The girls turned and saw sitting on a couch chair a young guy with a sneaky smile on his face.

"Hello Brooke" he smiled "Did you miss me?"

"Wendell" Brooke gasped with shock.