Ch.57 Enchanted necklace

Now at the 'Wonder diner', Kayla along with her father, Danielle, and Francis sat a table as they listened to Ramona.

"So the Evil Queen turned you into a wolf?" Kayla said surprised.

"Yeah" Ramona said "I guess she did it so I wouldn't tell anyone about her."

"But how come you stayed behind with the curse happened?" Francis asked.

"Now that I don't know, I mean I remember seeing the curse coming towards me, but when I opened my eyes, I was still in the fairytale world, but when I went to Ever After High, it was completely empty."

"That is strange" Mr. Wren said "Usually anyone who in Ever After when the curse happened ended up here."

"Well I don't know why I stayed behind."

"Ramona" Danielle said "Can I see you necklace?"

Ramona took off her necklace and handed it to her as she examined it.

"Where did you get this?" she asked.

"Cerise gave it to me on my birthday, the day before the curse."

"And where did you get this?" Danielle asked Kayla.

"The forest pixies made it for me" Kayla said "And then I gave it to Ramona."

"You do realize that this necklace is enchanted with fairy magic."

"What?" they said surprised.

"Fairy magic is really powerful, some of it is powerful enough to block dark magic, that must of been how Ramona stayed behind, her necklace protected her from the curse."

"What?" they gasped.

"Well it seems to be the only explanation."

"Oh my God" Ramona said surprised "Those little pixies protected me. Although it didn't do much difference cause I was still a wolf."

"But how did you get here in Storybrooke?" Francis asked.

"Well, I was in the Enchanted Forest when I saw who I believe was Mira."

"Mira?" they gasped.

"I don't know how she's back, but I followed her and I watched her go through this large door that seemed to lead her to another realm. I didn't know whether to follow her into the door, but then this old guy came to me and I think he knew who I was cause he talked to me, he told me I should go through the door if I wanted to see my dad and sister, so he let me through the door and I ended up here."

"Wow" Kayla said amused "Who knew taking advice from an old guy would actually work."

"But why was Mira in the Enchanted Forest?" Danielle asked.

"Oh I think I know why" Francis said "Before Mira was put in jail, Elena told me that she went to the fairytale world somehow to get these urns."

"Oh that's right" Danielle said remembering.

"Wait what?" Ramona said.

"We got lots to tell you" Kayla said.

As he waited in the attic, Wendell sat on the edge of a bed when he suddenly heard a tap at the window, he went to it and pushed it open to see a key on the rail. He gave a small gasp as he picked up the key with a smile. Pretty soon he made it out of his mansion where he snuck through the back and quietly pass the sleeping dogs as he made his way to the front where he saw Brooke waving at him with a smile.

"This is amazing" he said surprised as he went up to her "How did you do that?"

"I have my methods" she smiled.

"And this key" he held up the key "My mother never lets it out of her sight."

"Do you want to keep asking questions or do you want to get out of here? I know a nice quiet spot where we can talk."

"Oh, well I actually prefer somewhere loud."

"Loud? Why?"

"I live in an attic."

"Seriously?" she said surprised.

"Yeah, my mother never allows me visitors, music, and fun."

"Oh my God" she gasped "Well don't worry, wherever you want to go, I can take you."

They both gave smiles as they headed off to a loud bar where everyone was talking, dancing, laughing, and having fun. And as they sat at a table, Wendell looked around and admired everything.

"This is just how I always imagined it" he smiled "The music, the dancing, the laughing, so much better than my attic."

"Well" Brooke smiled as she opened her notebook with her pen in her hand "Now that you're here, shall we get on this?"

"Sure."

"So from what I've seen for far, your story is kind of like a modern Cinderella story, so tell me, why did your mother lock you up?"

"Self reservation, my mother is afraid that if I get out I'll tell everyone her dirty little secret."

At that point Brooke's eyes widen.

"Secret?" she said surprised "What secret?"

Wendell looked around to make sure no one was listen as he leaned towards Brooke.

"Everyone believes that my father died of a heart attack" he said "But I know the truth, my mother poisoned him."

Brooke sat there with shock.

"She even killed the other two" he added.

"How do you know?" she asked.

"Well, before she handed them their tea, I saw her add these small berries to them, but I thought they were just regular berries to add for taste, but when I got a closer look, I realized they were berries from a poisonous plant."

"What plant?"

"I don't really know, I never got a chance to research, but I knew they were poisonous."

"A Cinderella tale with a black widow twist" Brooke smiled "Now this is a great story."

But as she started to write in her notebook, a new song started playing.

"Hey" Wendell said "You wanna dance with me?"

"Oh" she said surprised "I uh, I don't know, I've really danced before."

"Come on" he urged with a smile.

Even though she needed to write, she figured she needed a break, so she returned the smile as she put her pen down as they got up and went to the dance floor. Wendell then pulled her in with his hands on her waist as she put her hands on his shoulder as they started to sway to the beat, and as they were doing so, they pressed their foreheads against each others with small smiles.

But as the music got faster, Wendell then lifted Brooke up and spun her around as they both laugh as he set her down. And at that point he put his hands on her face and pulled her into a kiss as she kissed back while wrapping her arms around his neck. At that point, Brooke had forgotten about her story, her mind was now set on Wendell as she felt her heart flutter.