Ch.54 Merlin

As soon it was nighttime, Kayla and Francis were driving down the road in the woods with Kayla at the wheels.

"So Kayla" Francis said "I was searching up in the Dream Dictionary about what it means to see a wolf in your dream, and I read that it could either mean you're feeling self confidence and pride, or you're seeking something."

"Well" Kayla said "I am seeking answers to why I'm seeing a familiar wolf in my dream."

"And uh, you said the wolf howled right?"

"Yeah."

"Well hearing a wolf howl in your dream symbolizes a cry for help from someone in your life."

"Really?" Kayla said amused as she thought about it "Huh, well who can that be?"

"Kayla look out!" Francis suddenly screamed as Kayla looked ahead and saw a wolf on the road in front of them.

Kayla quickly stomped on the break causing the car to stop hard as they almost flew out of their seats. When they settled down, they looked up and saw that the wolf was still standing in front of the headlights, but when Kayla examined the wolf, she gave a small gasp. The wolf had gray fur and stared at them with it's blue eyes, just like in her dream.

"Oh my God" she gasped in a whisper "It's the wolf from my dreams."

"What?" Francis said as Kayla got out of the car "Kayla what are you doing?!"

Kayla slowly headed towards the wolf as it continued to stay still while looking at her with it's bright eyes. As she examined the wolf some more, she knew it was the wolf from her dreams, and as she got closer while looking into it's eyes, she began to feel that she really knew this wolf, but she just couldn't remember where. Just then the wolf darted off into the woods.

"Wait!" Kayla called as she ran after it.

"Kayla!" Francis called, but Kayla had already gone off into the woods "Damn she runs fast."

Even though it was dark, the moon gave off enough light for Kayla to see the wolf as she went after it. Pretty soon the wolf came to a stop as it turned to Kayla.

"Who are you?" she asked.

But the wolf then gave a howl as she looked up to see the full moon in the night sky, but after the howl, she looked down to see that the wolf was gone, she looked around but she couldn't find it.

"Kayla!" she suddenly heard Francis call.

Realizing that the wolf was gone, Kayla gave a sigh as she went back and out of the woods and to the car.

"There you are" Francis said with relief "What happened?"

"The wolf just howled" Kayla said "And it just went away."

"But are you sure that was the wolf from your dream?"

"Positive, I felt it, I swear I've seen that wolf before."

"Well it's gone now, and we should really get home, it's already late."

"Fine" Kayla sighed as they got back in the car.

But as they headed off, they didn't see the wolf coming out from the woods and watching them go.

The next day, Ramona-

(Brooke) Okay hold on, mom, dad.

Brooke! We told you never to interrupt!

Sorry, I just had to ask you this. Now this may sound crazy, but can I go into the fairytale world?"

You mean like, actually go down there?

Of course, you see, I'm planning on writing my own book, and I need inspiration, and I was wondering if I can go down to the fairytale world and see if I can get some inspiration

Well uh, Brooke, no Narrator has ever gone down to the fairytale world

We all did at one point, don't all Narrators used to live in the fairytale world before they became authors?

Well yes but they don't go back down

Well it's about time one of them did, so can I please go down to the fairyworld? I'll be careful, and I can narrate myself back home

Um... *sighs* alright

Thank you!

But if you run into trouble-

Don't worry, I know how to handle myself

Alright

I'll be home as soon as I can, so can you narrate me down?

Very well, Brooke then transported from the Narration world and down to the fairytale world. When she opened her eyes, she found herself in the Enchanted Forest.

"Oh my God" she gasped with a smile "I'm actually here."

One more thing Brooke

"Yes?"

If you're going to find some inspiration for a story, then go see Merlin first

"Merlin?" she gasped.

He'll give you some writing tools that will help you write your story

"Okay then, so where can I find him?"

Why, Camelot of course, here I'll take you to it. And with that Brooke transported to the land of Camelot.

"Whoa" she gasped as she admired the land.

You see that little cottage in front of you?

Brooke looked ahead and saw a small cottage in the meadow.

"Yes."

Merlin should be there

"Seriously? In that little thing?"

Well it's actually his other home, but he should be in this one

"Well, okay then. Is that all?"

Pretty soon, stay safe

"I will, I'll see you guys soon."

And with that Brooke went up to the cottage and knocked on the door, she waited until it was opened by an old man with a long white beard.

"Can I help you?" he asked her.

"Are you Merlin?" she asked.

"Well that depends, what do you need help with?"

"Well, I'm planning on writing a story, and I need inspiration, but my parents told me I should see Merlin first because they said that he'll give me some writing tools to help me with my stories."

"You're planning on writing a story huh Brooke?" he said with a small smile.

"Well yes-, wait how do you know my name?"

He just gave a small smile.

"Wait" Brooke smiled "You're him aren't you?"

"Indeed" he smiled "I am Merlin, at your service."

"So you'll help me?"

"Of course, anything for kind souls, do come in."

Brooke gave a smile as she went into Merlin's cottage as he closed the door.