Ch.74 Wolf girl

Brooke felt herself falling through a portal and landing on the ground. She looked up and saw that she was now in the woods like how they were in the illustration. Realizing that she was now in the book, she looked around and admired the place until she spotted a sword on the ground. She picked it up by the handle and examined the weapon.

"Cool" she smiled with amusement.

"Well thanks to you" she turned around and saw Wendell who was holding onto a shield "Now we're both trapped in the book. Let me tell you about this place, it's cold, there's no running water, and things are always trying to kill you. And another thing, I don't need you running around changing things, this is my story, and no one gets a happy ending."

"Why?" she asked "Would that somehow destroy the book? That's what you're afraid of isn't it?"

"It doesn't matter, you brought us to the final chapter."

"How do you know?"

"Because I wrote it. And I know how it ends when the bell rings at sunset, when you hear that sound, it'll mean the book will end and everything will remain exactly how I wrote it."

"You know" Brooke frowned "Even though you're not the Author anymore, I'm still a Narrator, and I'm just as powerful as the Author."

"We'll see about that" he smirked as he whacked the shield across her face as she collapsed to the ground and blacked out.

In the Enchanted Forest, Delilah sat on a log in front of a land view drawing a picture in her sketchbook when Wendell came up to her.

"Hey" he smiled.

"Hey" she smiled back "Did you see anything?"

"No, but hopefully we'll find something soon. So what are you drawing?"

"Oh, just a little something" she smiled as she finished her drawing.

And at that point a rose appeared in front of her.

"Nice" he smiled.

"I am so loving these enchanted art tools" she smiled.

"Hey you know what would be nice, if you can draw us some doughnuts."

Delilah gave a small laugh "Maybe later."

"Hey can I tell you something?"

"Sure."

"You know, before I met you, I thought my life wasn't going to get better. I mean since my father's death, things haven't been the same. But when I met you, everything felt better."

"Well I'm glad I can help" she smiled.

"And uh, maybe tonight we can, go out for like a little walk or something."

"I would love that" she smiled again.

"Great" he smiled "I gotta say Delilah, you're one of the greatest persons I've ever met, I'm so glad I met you."

"Brooke" Brooke suddenly heard someone call her name "Brooke."

She then felt someone shake her as she forced herself to wake up.

"Brooke get up" the voice said.

Brooke opened her eyes and saw herself looking at Delilah.

"Delilah?" she said surprised.

"What happened?" Delilah asked with a worried look.

Brooke said that she was laying on the ground and blood was dripping down her nose.

"Wendell" she sighed frown.

"Wendell's here?" Delilah gasped.

"Yeah I kinda got him and me trapped in here, but how did you get here?"

"I don't know, I woke up and found myself here. But after a while, I realized we're in Wendell's book."

"Yeah I know that, but how did you know that?"

"I'm the Illustrator, somehow I must of created the illustrations for the book and it became real. Plus for some reason I have a copy of Wendell's book with me."

She reached into her bag and pulled out a copy of Wendell's 'Heroes and Villains' book.

"Oh yeah I read some of it" Brooke said with a mad look "He made everyone miserable."

"Wait you didn't read the whole thing?"

"I only read to like the middle."

"Oh boy" Delilah sighed with a worried look "Well then you might wanna see this."

"See what?"

"Just something you need to see."

But as they got up and headed off, they suddenly heard a twig snap. They looked around but saw nothing, so they ignored it as they headed off. But then they heard the twig snap again as they turned and saw something hide behind a tree.

"Did you see that?" Brooke whispered with her eyes widen.

"Yeah" Delilah whispered with her eyes widen.

"Should we run?"

"Not yet."

They stared at the tree waiting for the figure to pop out, but nothing happened.

"Who's there?" Delilah called.

All of a sudden they started to hear a growl from behind the tree as their hearts pounded with fear. And at that point, a large dark gray wolf stepped out from behind the tree and growled at them with it's teeth showing as it stared at them with it's yellow eyes.

"Okay" Delilah gasped with a scared look "I think now we should run."

And with that they started running as the wolf ran after them. The girls ran as fast as they could away from the wolf as it started to get closer.

"This way!" Delilah pointed as they ran another way.

They ran until they came upon a little cottage.

"In there!" Delilah said as they ran to the cottage and inside and shut the door.

They looked out the window to see the wolf outside.

"I think we're safe in here" Delilah sighed in relief.

But as they continued to look outside at the wolf, they watched as it suddenly transformed into a girl wearing red with long white hair, her eyes were still yellow like in her wolf form, and she wore a wolf head piece on her head that attached to the red cloak she was wearing.

"Oh my God" Brooke gasped when she saw who it was was.

They watched as the girl gave a slight growl before heading off into the woods.

"Was that-?" Brooke started to asked with a shocked look.

"Cerise Hood?" Delilah finished "Yeah that was her. But she's not Cerise Hood in this story, here she's the killer wolf everyone fears, they call her Cerise Wolf."