Ch.29 The Mark

(Flashback) That night, Crystal and Jackson went out on their date where they laid against a snow drift under a tree and gazed into the sky and watched the colors.

"It's so beautiful up there" Crystal said as she laid her head on his shoulder with his arm around her.

"I'm just glad I get to spend this with you" Jackson smiled.

"So are you really okay with being mortal now?"

"Yeah, I mean, I would of done anything to be with you."

"Aww" she smiled "You're so romantic. It's one of the things I love about you."

"What are some other things?" he smirked.

Crystal gave a small laugh "Well, you always make me smile, and I love that you're always there for me."

"I'd do anything for you" he smiled as she smiled back,

Just then she got a text on her phone.

"Oh I gotta go" she said sadly "I was really having a good time."

"Me too" he said as they got up "Maybe we can do this again some other day."

"Okay, well thanks for today."

"No problem" he smiled as they went into a hug.

But when they pulled away, they then looked into each others eye as they felt a spark between them, and they soon felt themselves lean in and into a romantic kiss. They then pulled away surprised.

"Whoa" they said surprised.

"That was, pretty nice actually" Crystal smiled.

"Yeah" Jackson agreed with a smile.

Crystal then looked up and spotted something in the tree.

"Well would you look at that" she said surprised.

"What?" he said as he looked up.

They both saw that hanging from the tree above them was a mistletoe covered in frost.

"We're under the mistletoe" Jackson said surprised.

"Does that count even though it's not Christmas?" she asked.

"Does it matter?"

"I guess not" she shrugged.

They both then gave small laughs as they went into another passionate kiss with their arms around each other, both of them not wanting to let go.

After talking to Ilene, Aidan went back to the library where he went in and saw Kim organizing some books.

"You're back" she smiled.

"Yeah I think I left something here" he said.

"This?" she held up a wallet.

"Yes."

She then tossed him his wallet as he caught it.

"Thanks" he smiled.

"So how are things doing with Crystal?" she asked.

"Oh well, we still don't know everything."

"As she told you about Jackson yet?"

"The only thing she told us about Jackson was that she was sure Noelle never had a crush on him, so he can't be connected to Noelle's jealously of Crystal."

"She didn't tell you what happened between them?"

"No, and I really want to know, but she just want tell us."

"Well some memories are just too painful to talk about."

"Yeah" he agreed with a sigh "Hey uh, before I go, can I check out the Snow Queen book, it may come in handy."

"You got your library card?"

"Well now that I got my wallet I do."

"Alright then" Kim smiled as she pulled out the Snow Queen book and went to the counter.

She then scanned the book and the library card as she handed the book to Aidan.

"The book is due in 2 weeks" she said.

"Thanks" he smiled "I'll see you around."

"You too" she smiled as he left the library.

After he was gone, Kim started to remember the time when Aidan turned into a beast back at Ever After, and how she taught him to think about others and not just himself. For a long time Aidan thought that his destiny was the be Apple White's Prince Charming, but he then discovered his real destiny as the next Beast for 'Beauty and the Beast'.

And since that was her story, Kim remembers that she and Aidan became great friends after their adventure with Crystal, but as she thought about it, she began to wonder if she may have feelings for him.

________

Now at the police station, after putting Jackie and Northwind in cells that was enchanted with magic to block their shape-shifting powers, everyone gathered in the main office where Crystal still held onto Jackson's staff.

"Crystal" Elena said "Would you like me to put the staff somewhere safe?"

"But what if Noelle finds it?" Crystal asked with a worried look.

"Don't worry, I know a place where she wont find it, I promise you it'll be safe, especially if I protect it with magic."

"Well" Crystal sighed "Okay then. Be careful with it."

"I will" Elena said as Crystal handed her the staff and she went out of the office.

After that Crystal gave another sigh as she sat in a chair.

"Hey" Olivia said "Everything's gonna be okay."

"I doubt it" Crystal said "Noelle is more powerful than me now, she will not stop until she gets what she wants."

Just then Elena came back.

"Okay Crystal" she said "The staff is now is a safe place, and I cast a protection spell on it."

"Thank you Elena."

At that point Aidan entered with the book.

"So I just checked out the Snow Queen book" he said "It may come in handy."

"How?" Crystal said "We already know Noelle wants to get rid of me, but there doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of someone in the book."

"Hey she could be up to other things that we don't know about, like she could of sent Mira to look for you or something."

"Heard you were just talking about me" everyone turned and saw Mira standing in the doorway with a sneaky smile.

"Unbelievable" Aidan said.

"Mira" Elena scowled as she held out her hands "Stay back."

But Mira just gave a sneaky laugh as she used her powers to make everyone still except for Crystal as she went up to her.

"Stay away from me!" Crystal ordered as she stood up and with her hands out.

"Oh relax" Mira said "I just need to do one thing."

And with that she grabbed Crystal's wrist and pressed the Wraith's Medallion into her palm as Crystal felt a burn.

"What are you doing?" Crystal asked as she tried to pull away.

"Oh just marking you" Mira smirked "From the one thing no one can escape from."

She then let go of Crystal as Crystal looked at her hand which now had a symbol burned into her palm.

"I hope you have fun in hell" Mira smirked as she used her powers to disappear.