Ch.40 Blue urn

After she had put Crystal in the urn, Noelle held onto the urn proud of herself at what she did.

"Noelle" she suddenly heard her parents call as they entered the throne room "What's going on?"

"Where's Crystal?" the king asked.

"Oh that's who you're worried about?" Noelle asked with a frown "Well you can kiss Crystal goodbye, cause she is long gone."

"What do you mean?"

"What did you do?" the queen asked with a worried look.

"Oh of course, blame me huh? Blame the girl who can't control her powers, well you should, I finally realized what I am."

The king and queen then realized what happened as they stood there with shock.

"I know that look in your eyes" Noelle scowled "Eventually, everyone sees me as a monster, and now, I think it's time to embrace that, and be a monster!"

And with that she waved her hand through the air as her powers spread across the castle as everything turned to ice. Her parents were turned to ice, the royal subjects, everything and everyone was soon covered in ice, the entire ice palace was now covered in twice as much ice.

Noelle looked around at what her powers created, she was surprised yet amused at what she could do. She had embrace who she was really was.

"Well" a voice said as she turned around to see Gold.

"I love what you done to the place" he grinned as he went up to the king and tapped his now iced head "You finally embraced your powers. Now uh, how's that sister of yours?"

"She's no longer with us" Noelle said as she held onto the urn.

"Oh I see, you used the urn of her didn't you? You wanted her to get a taste of your suffering?"

"You got what she deserved."

Gold then gave a chuckle as he turned and spotted something on the ground.

"Ah" he grinned as he picked it up "Now that was lovelier around her neck."

He held up Crystal's snowflake necklace.

"You know, when she was here. So tell me Miss Winter, what are you gonna do with your sister now?"

"I don't know, I don't know where to put this."

"Why don't you give it to me? I know a place to put it."

And with that he used his magic to teleport the urn from Noelle to himself.

"I'll make sure it's safe" he grinned "Is there anything else you would like to give me?"

"No" she said "Although, there is something in Crystal's room that I would like to see, there's something in her nightstand that she keeps locked, and since she's not here anymore, I would like to see what she's been hiding in that nightstand."

"Well what are we waiting for?" Gold grinned "Why don't we find out?"

They then entered Crystal's room that was now completely covered in ice. Gold then went to the nightstand where he used his magic to freeze away the ice around it and unlock the cupboard and opened it.

"Well" he grinned as he put down the urn "This is something."

He pulled a bigger blue urn and showed it to Noelle.

"A blue urn?" she said confused "Why does Crystal have an urn she keeps locked in her nightstand?"

"Ah" he grinned "This is something you want to know, it appears this urn contains the remains of someone Crystal she once loved, perhaps a certain boyfriend?"

"Jackson?" Noelle gasped.

"It's just filled with very cold water" he said as he looked inside the urn "Must of been when he turned to ice pieces."

"Crystal kept Jack's ice pieces? That's a little weird."

"Well she did love him very much, until that little accident."

"She called me a monster and put me in that urn" Noelle frowned "I had to get her back."

"Looks like you've succeeded. Well then, I think I'll take this urn too, wouldn't it be funny to have an urn that contains a dead boyfriend?"

"Go ahead, I don't want it."

"Very well. So tell me Noelle, what are you gonna do now?"

"Well, I feel like I need a new start, so I'm going to see Old Man Winters and see what he can do."

"Suite yourself" he grinned as he picked up Crystal's urn "Well I got nothing else to do here, enjoy your day."

And with that he disappeared along with the urns and Crystal's necklace.

At the police station, Crystal sat in the main office and slid her snowflake ring onto her ring finger and admired how it shined in the light.

"Hey" Aidan entered.

"Hey" she said back.

"You seem to be really admiring that ring."

"I am."

"So are you sure it's not an engagement ring?"

"It's not" she said with a small smile "It's actually a promise ring."

"A promise ring?" he said surprised.

"Jack and I promised that as long as we're together, we will never fall for other people. I was going to give him a ring too, but he died before I could."

"Oh" he said sadly.

Just then Kim ran in and into the office as she tried to catch her breath with a scared look on her face.

"Kim what's wrong?" Aidan asked.

"I got good news and bad news" she said as she caught her breath "The good news is I found Noelle's hideout."

"You did?" they gasped.

"Where is it?" Crystal asked.

"Up east in the woods, but the bad news is, inside her hideout there's this mirror that does horrible things when you look into it."

"What horrible things?"

"When you look into it, your reflection reveals the truth of you, it shows you all of your darkest secrets and biggest fears."

"Wait a minute" Crystal said with her eyes widen "Kim what did this mirror look like?"

"It's big and white with designs."

"That's the Trolden Mirror" Crystal gasped.

"It is?" Kim gasped.

"Well if it's a mirror then let's just go smash it" Aidan suggested.

"It's not that simple Aidan" Crystal said "If you smash it, particles from the mirror will fly around and get into everyone's eyes, and if that happens, everyone will turn on each other, so it's best to leave the mirror alone."

"But why does Noelle even have the mirror?"

"I'm not sure."

But as Crystal thought about, it suddenly popped in her head.

"Now that I think of it" her eyes widen "I think that's how Noelle turned evil."

"What?" they said.

"I think she looked into the Trolden Mirror" Crystal said with shock.