Ch.13 Snow talk

(Flashback) Now in her room, 10 year old Crystal sat at her bay window along with Jackson.

"So do you know any snow magic?" he asked her.

"Well a little" she said "I've been practicing."

She then held her hands in front of her and concentrated on her magic, but the only thing that happened was a tiny snowflake that burst in a second.

"Aww" she pouted with disappointment.

"That's okay" Jackson smiled "It just needs more practice."

"What can you do?"

"Well" he said as he turned to the window "Like my uncle, I can do this."

He then tapped the window and frost started to form as Crystal watched with amusement.

"So how is Jack Frost your uncle?" she asked.

"Well, Jack Frost had a sister, who was my mother. But she's gone now."

"Oh" she said sadly.

"I mean it was a long time ago, when I got my powers, I became immortal, and I don't really remember much of my mother."

"So how long have you been alive?"

"Oh I don't know, long time."

"How old are you?"

"I don't know, I mean I look 17, but I'm pretty sure I'm much older than that, I just don't age."

"I wish I didn't have to age."

"Well sorry Crystal, but you're mortal, so you have to. I mean if you don't want to grow up, then go to Neverland, but that's too far away."

Crystal then gave a sigh.

"But hey" he said "Look on the bright side, when you get older, you'll get to be the new Snow Queen like your mother."

"That's true" she agreed.

"And even though it may seem like a pain to grow up, once you get used to it, it's not that bad."

Crystal sat there in silence for a moment until she looked at Jackson's staff.

"Why do you carry a staff with you?" she asked "You're not a grandpa."

Jackson gave a chuckle "Well when you think about it, I technically am, but the reason I carry this staff is because it contains most of my powers, watch."

He aimed the staff towards the ceiling as he shot out some magic as snow began to fall in the room as Crystal gave a small gasp.

"Pretty cool huh?" he smiled.

"My mother told me that when I'm ready, I'll get my power wand" Crystal said "And it's suppose to help my control my powers, but I have to wait until I'm older, so I have to use my hands for now."

"Well then you should practice until you get it."

Just then the door opened and 8 year old Noelle entered.

"Mother says we should go ice skating" she said.

"Oo" Jackson said with interest as he turned to Crystal "You wanna go ice skating?"

"But we're not that good" Crystal said.

"Don't worry, I'll teach you."

Still at the mayor's house, Julie was getting colder by the minute, her hair was almost completely white as her body was turning blue and getting colder.

"I don't understand" Macy said as he hung up her phone "I've called Scott like 30 times and he hasn't picked up."

"He hasn't been answering any of my texts" Elena said.

"Where is he?" Crystal asked "Does anyone know what he could be doing right now?"

"Um..." they all said as they started to think.

"Is he working today?" Elena asked.

"I think" Macy said.

"Well could one of you check to see if he's at work?" Crystal asked.

"I'll go" Macy offered.

"Please hurry, Ashlynn's heart is nearly frozen."

"On it" Macy said as she left.

"Whoa Crystal" Elena said surprised as she looked at her phone "You might wanna look at this. People are commenting on Hailee's live cast, and a lot of them are saying that it was you who froze her heart."

"What?" Crystal gasped as she read the comments "Oh my God, how could they say that? Do they really think I would freeze my best friend's heart?"

"Well according to one comment, it says that you are the villain of your story."

At that point Crystal gave a sigh.

"I know that" she said "And even though my mother was a villain, she changed to become a better person, and do you really think I want to become a villain that freezes people?"

"I understand" Elena said "I know how you feel, but at least your mom is nice now, while my mother will never change."

"I have to convince everyone that it wasn't me who froze Ashlynn's heart, I know it was Noelle."

"Well since we know where she works, how about after we save Julie, we'll look for Noelle."

"Okay, I just hope Hunter gets here quick."

They then turned to Julie who's hair was now fully white and frost now covered her body.

______

Once she made it to the animal shelter, Macy got out of her car and entered the shelter.

"Scott!" she called, but no answer.

She then spotted his phone on the counter, she went to it and saw the many missed calls and texts that were sent to him.

"Wow I called him that many times?" she said surprised.

Wondering if he was even in the shelter, Macy started to call his name.

"Scott!" she called, but still no answer.

She then went to the back where the birds in their cages tweeted at her.

"Scott!" she called again.

At that point she suddenly heard banging and yelling, she followed the sound to a closet that had a broom through the handle.

"Scott?" she asked.

"Yes it's me!" she heard him yell "I'm locked in!"

Macy took the broom out and opened the door.

"Thank you" he said with relief as he got out.

"How did you get locked in there?" she asked.

"I was putting stuff in here when someone pushed me in and locked the door."

"Oh my God" she said surprised "That why you haven't answered your phone. Scott I've been trying to call you, we need your help."

"What for?"

"There's ice magic in Julie's heart, and she's completely frozen."

"What?" he gasped.

"And the only way to save her is with true love, that's why we need you, and if we don't hurry Julie could die!"

"Well what are we waiting for?! Let's go!"

And with that Scott and Macy ran out the shelter to go save Julie before it was too late.