Chapter 61 - Get to Know Mari More

Chapter 61 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Madi's POV 

When I walked away from my parent's conversation and started to walk back to my room someone grabbed me and dragged me to a room. When they kicked the door closed I managed to flip them over to see Mari. 

"What the hell?!?!?!" I said and threw my hands up. 

"Shut up, we don't want anyone to hear us." She said and stood up. 

"People, hear us?" I asked not understanding what she was trying to say. 

"I know your plan." She whispered. 

"How?" I asked not believing that she was telling the truth. 

"Overheard you talking with Ryland in your room the night before you meet me." She said. 

"Why are you bringing this up now?" I asked. 

"Let me join and I won't tell." She said. 

"Why would I let you join?" I asked, not wanting her join the task. 

"I want revenge." She said, remembering things. 

"On who?" I asked. 

"Paige and Janson." She said. 

"Why?" I asked. 

"I wasn't captured recently but a year ago. Mike is my older half-brother. Our parents our dead since they didn't oblige with the two's rules. They were killed only after I was sent into the maze with Aris. Like you I remembered things and they came to get me, and then my brother caught me up on everything." She said. 

"Why did we only find know about you a few weeks ago then?" I asked. 

"I don't know but all I want is revenge. That's my story, now can I join?" She asked. 

I nodded my head and said, "Welcome to the team. You get to tell the others by saying 'Training went well.'" 

I told the other four if someone comes up to them and says "Training went well" that they were on our team. She nodded her head and we said goodbye before I walked out to head to my room. All I cared now was we had another pawn to the game we were playing. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I hope you liked this chapter. 

See you soon Runners.