Chapter 41 - Two Newbies

Chapter 41

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Can this be my second chance?' I thought.  

-Next Day- 

-Next Day- 

I woke up and went to take a shower. When I got out and went to my wardrobe I decided to change what to wear and ended up wearing a comfortable outfit which this time didn't include a skirt but some jeans. When I went out I saw Mark about to knock on my door. 

"Oh, good morning Mark." I said and waved to him. 
"Hey Madi. Good timing don't you say." He said and laughed.
I laughed and said, "Yeah you could say that. But what are you doing here."
"Your uncle said that I have to escort you to wherever you go. Apparently there are rouges out there wanting to attack us." He said. 

I nodded my head and started to walk in front of him to go to the dining room. He went over to his dining hall when I went to mine. When I got in I saw my parents, Ryland, her parents, my brother, his friends, and then Ms. Paige. 

"Good morning, Madi." They all kind of said at the same time.
"Good morning, everyone." I said back and went to sit down next to Ryland. 

The adults plus my brother and his friends started to talk about the rouges while me and Ryland talked about what's going on with our extracurricular activities. When we all finished breakfast the kitchen staff came and got the plates before Uncle J and Ms. Paige gave us our work. My parents and Ryland's parents are figuring out some shots for the other teenagers. My brother and his friends were gonna go out to see if they could locate where the rouges were. I was to help Ryland with her training and then the both of us would stay in the training room so we would have to bring in some activities to do. I nodded my head before we all left and Mark was waiting outside for me. 

"I need to get my sketches from my room so I'll be in the room in a few." I said to Ryland and she just nodded her head before going. 

"Hey Mark." I said when we were walking towards my room.
"Yes?" He said.
"How come I'm the only one with an escort?" I asked.
"Your uncle doesn't want to lose you again." He said and I just nodded my head before going in my room and grabbed my sketches, a pencil, and some books. 

We then went out to walk to the training room and I left my things near Ryland's stuff. She was beating the fighting bag. I then walked over to her and we both started to stretch. I then explained to her that all she needed help with was her aim with throwing daggers, guns, and the bow and arrow which is my love, honestly. We first started off with her aim with all three since she seems to always miss her shot. 

-2.5 Hours Later-    

I then dismissed her to go on break while I went over to the sketches and kept drawing the sketch of the glade. 

"You miss the glade don't you?" Mark asked sitting next to me.
"Yeah in a way. The peacefulness of going out but I don't miss having to be worried about my life and who could actually be my family." I said.
"You didn't feel like the gladers were your family?" He asked. 
"No but I just wanted like parents. You know I was like a mom to everyone of the Gladers who were younger than us." I pointed out.
"True, but I do understand that wanting parents. I still want that parentelness." He said and I nodded my head.
"What happened to your parents?" I asked.
"Well------" He started off before I was called to my Uncle J's office. 

We then stood up and started to walk to my Uncle's office and we knocked. Uncle J opened the door and dismissed Mark to continue the training with Ryland and I walked into the office with him. 

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked sitting down on his sofa.
"There are two other gladers from your glade here." He said.
"WHO?" I asked/exclaimed.
"You two can come in now." He said. 

Two figures came in and I noticed who they were.  

"Alby? Chuck?" I asked. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked this chapter. 

See you soon Runner