Chapter 23

One of the left is Mike, middle is Max, and the far right is Leon.

Chapter 23

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zach's POV

Damn she's staring at me like she's seen me before. Dammit if only I could tell her that she was my younger sister. I thought.

Mike, Max, and Leon know that Maddie's my little sister. I still remember when she was younger when she was taken away from mom, dad and I. Mom couldn't stop crying and dad tried to comfort her. In the end we all ended up working with the group that took her.... WICKED or what the Gladers know as WCKD. They seem like nice people to the Gladers but they aren't they basically forced out all of them from their family and they end up killing their parents if they don't listen to them.

I consider Mike, Max, Leon, and myself lucky that when we were teenagers that they didn't get from our families but they ended up getting my sister. They only reason we're getting my sister out of this hell hole is because mom and dad are scientists with WICKED and are considered the best of the best. I just help with being a bodyguard for them.

When we were going back into the elevator back to HQ I had Maddie in my arms. Oh how I remembered when she was a baby and I was a child holding her like this. Yes I'm overprotective but I haven't seen her in years except through a damned screen.

I will always protect you my sweet, innocent little sister.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you like this and Zach will be a new character. See you soon, Runner.