Chapter 10

Chapter 10
-------------------------------------------------------
Maddie's POV

I woke up the next day with Newt shaking the hell out of me and he then told me to be out near the maze openings in a minute or so and left. I was soooo confused seeing that I'm still shucking tired. I then stayed in my hammock for 5 seconds and got up and stumbled my way out to the maze openings. I waited there till I saw Minho, Alby, and Newt walking close to me but Alby was in some gear to run in which woke me up. "What are you doing Alby?" I asked. Alby responded, "I'll be joining Minho on his run and to also see where Ben got stung and also you have a day off today and could you maybe stay close to Newt." I then nodded and hugged him and Minho then Newt did the same and we went to the meeting hall to have a meeting with the rest of the keepers to tell them that Newt was to be the leader for today since Alby went out into the maze. That's when the day started out as the usual.

When it was nearing lunch Chuck, Thomas, and I were kind of leaning on a tree near another tree that was getting torn down by Newt and Zart. I didn't listen to them that much since I was worrying about Minho and Alby's return since their like my older brothers. That's when I saw Thomas stand straight and start helping Zart and Newt with the tree. After an hour or two we went to get lunch which was pretty nerve wracking with everyone wondering why the sky was grey and worrying about Minho and Alby's return. That's when it started pouring and we headed to the homestead, again I didn't listen to the conversation going on. The rain seemed to leave but what came after was horrible.

All of us were standing near the doors to wait for the return of a keeper and our leader but what happened seemed like it was going in slow mo. The doors started closing and after a second we saw Minho carrying an unconscious Alby. We then all started yelling for Minho to hurry up and that's when Thomas ran in and I was about to as well when Newt grabbed my hand and turned me around so I was face to face with his chest and that's when I felt the gust of the doors close and that's when all my emotions broke loose from my collapsed walls and I felt Newt tighten his embrace around me and put his chin to the top of my head and whisper, "We can't lose anyone else."
-------------------------------------------------------
Hope you like this chapter. What's going to happen to Newt and Maddie?

See you soon Runners.