Chapter 56 - Trying to Get Away from the HQ

Chapter 56 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Madi's POV 

After what Mark told me I decided to head over and tell the team and what we are deciding to do which was to leave tonight in the plane. My brother and his friends would stay and divert anyone from asking why we went ahead to fly around the Scorch while Ryland, Alby, Chuck, Mark, and I went ahead and fly to the area and grab the gladers and what was known as the Right Wing. 

Mark went ahead to update Janson and Ms. Paige about us leaving tonight by lying to them and I didn't really care but when he got back Uncle J was with him while Alby, Chuck, and Ryland were getting their stuff ready to go and fight just in case of a crank coming. I looked over and saw Uncle J nod towards the door signaling that he wanted to talk. 

"I understand why you want to head to look at the glades but be careful of the grievers and cranks." He said once I closed the door to the room. 

"I know. I lived through all that so we should be fine." I said and he nodded before patting my shoulders and walking away maybe to tell my parents about where we were going. I shrugged and walked back inside and walked up to the others. 

"So you said we'd be looking at the old glades to check how they were doing?" I asked  

"What? I had nothing else that they would have been ok with but I also told them we wanted to know if there were any more gladers there since their not observing them anymore." He said and I just nodded my head. 

"Come on you guys, outside right now is fine. No cranks out there but we should get out there before they do get near the launch pad." Ryland said and I nodded my head and we all followed after her. 

When we got outside Chuck, Alby, and Ryland got in the back while Mark went to the pilot's seat and I went ahead and sat at the co-pilots seat. When we took flight I looked to the middle of our seats and saw a small tablet tracking the group. I grabbed it and started to tell Mark where to head. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I hope you liked this chapter. 

See you soon Runners.