Chapter 31 - Realizing Who I Was

A/N: I just reached 5K so thank you soooo much I didn't know how far this book has made it and since I have 2 other books now I just wanted to thank you since I've actually had these plans on writing but never got to it since I was usually scared to see how others would think.

Chapter 31

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Its also time to see how Newt and the others got out of the maze.' I thought while heading to my bathroom to get ready for the day.

Madi's POV

I woke up the next morning and changed into my outfit that was already laid out and saw there was a note from Zach stating that i had to use my training to calm down a group of teenagers with Uncle J. I then proceeded to get my weaponry which was just a bow and arrow which was the only thing I needed excluding a dagger hidden in my red coat.

I then proceeded to head to the dining room to get some breakfast. I was about to go inside till heard Ryland yell my name making me stop.

"Hey girl" I said.

"Sup" she said back.

"Can't wait to see the other teens like us here. Wonder who they are." I said.... 'Wonder if the guys and Teresa are some of them.' I thought specifically.'

"Damnit I wish I could go with you but I haven't finished my training." she said pouting and playfully threw a tantrum.

"HAHAHAHA.... that's what you get for being a lazy bum." I said laughing at her.

"Come on their waiting for us." she said grabbing my arm and going in.

I sat next to my brother on my left and Uncle J on my right. My parents were at the head of the table sitting next to Ryland's parents, then Ryland, and my brother's friends. Once we were all comfortable we started to eat with a few conversations here and there. When we were done everyone left to go do their job while I waited for Uncle J to tell us why I was going with him.

"Can't wait till we get there can you Mads?" He said looking down at me who was jumping up and down.

"Why am I going with you Uncle J? I was just wondering." I said looking at him and stopped bouncing to play with my bow.

"Paige and I thought it would help the group of teens to see another teen then us adults and since Ryland hasn't finished training and you have you get to help them calm down or at least let them see their other teens then just them." He said walking over to the door opening it so we could go meet the group.

"Oooooo Ok." I said while I said nodding at him. I walked over to him and was about to exit the room before he stopped me to give me something.

"This is to access a few rooms her at the hub." he said putting the card attached to some string around my neck. I nodded and started following him till he opened the door to see around 100-200 teens in there.

'Yeah Uncle J this isn't a group this is more of a party or a community.' I thought. I then looked at him giving him a glare before he started to address the teens about what was happening. The majority of them looked over at me and looked confused as hell who I was.

My uncle noticed and then said, "This is my niece she's one of our best fighters, and she's been safe with us, and has seen us do what we do. Isn't that right Madison?" He said looking at me while putting his arm around my shoulder being the proud uncle he is.

"Ummmm yeah they've kept me safe so far. I came here the same way you did. You must have noticed the other scary like humans." I said looking out at the community and they all seemed to nod.

"While they are called Cranks. Once bitten by one your faith is to die." I said not knowing where that was coming from. My uncle then proceeded on talking and calling names of teens who came to stand behind us and four guards. I looked out to the teens and saw familiar eyes. It was the guys and they seemed to notice me seeing them.

We kept eye contact till I saw my uncle leading the group of 10 to a door and two of the guards by my side saying that this will probably happen every month and then they lead me to the training room to see Ryland sweating like hell. I giggled at her and she looked over giving me the middle finger before falling flat on the ground.

'Wonder when if they'll let me see Newt and the others?' I thought.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked this chapter. See you soon Runners.