Chapter 5

Chapter 5
-------------------------------------------------------
Maddie's POV
Tonight will be so much fun a party just for our new arrival but hopefully Gally keeps away with wanting to fight him. Chuck and I were just having a plain conversation about the events that happened today and him asking me if the runners are close to finding an exit but my answers are always hopefully. I then went over to talk with Frypan when one of the glader guys flirts with me as usual. Frypan kind of got rid of him and I told him my thanks and saw Chuck talking with the greenie until I see Newt get in the middle of the two which ended up making Chuck walk back over to Frypan and I to talk about stuff. In the middle of our conversation I hear Newt interrupt us so the greenie can try Frypan's bacon and once the greenie took a bite he stuffed in his mouth which then made Winston and Frypan have an argument about the bacon which Chuck and I kind of slipped through to watch Gally wrestle some of the gladers. That's when I see Gally want to start wrestling with the greenie and it's the usual Gally winning until the greenie stayed on the ground for a few seconds and suddenly got up. "Thomas... Thomas... My name is Thomas!!" the greenie said. All the gladers had this emotionless expression on their faces except me, Alby, and Chuck we were all smiling at Thomas. "Thomas!!!" Alby said which made all the gladers cheer for him and we circled around him patting him on the back. But with me he hugged me which was pretty awkward but it was only for a second but I saw Newt and he looked jealous.

That's when we heard one of the griever's roar which I kind of flinched back since it caught me off guard. Thomas asked what that was and Gally told him it was a griever. Alby then said that was it for tonight to go to sleep and we all walked back to our beds but I headed back to my tree house with something on my mind that night why did Newt look jealous at Thomas? He can't possibly like me can I.

Newt's POV

When I saw Thomas hug Maddie I just felt something inside me boil. I can't be jealous of Thomas can I? I know I like Maddie but now I feel like my feelings for her changed... I think I'm in love with her.
-------------------------------------------------------
Well Maddie is still clueless and Newt is in love with her. Will Newt confess to Maddie? See you soon Runners.