Chapter Fifty Nine - Alja's back up...?

It was the final day.

Everyone was already up, due to the fact the demon never told them what time he would arrive.

Everyone was sitting in the Angel hangout room. Luna was sitting next to Zero, Zero was resting his head on Luna's shoulder. Chester was starring at the wall, deep in thought. Lily and Koji were cuddling with each other and Kat was still reading a book on healing spells.

They were all waiting for Bradley and Alja. Praying they brought someone, anyone.

There were no noises, only silence. No one spoke a word, the only thing you could here was the breathing of the teens in the room.

Finally, they heard footsteps. They all raised their heads and kept listening.

"Hellllo? Anyone.... here?" The voice easily made out Bradley, everyone shot up from their spots and started to make their way towards the voices direction.

"Bradley, over here!" Kat called out, waving her left arm in the air. Bradley turned and saw everyone, he quickly sprinted over.

Everyone noticed the first thing that happened with him. He was alone.

"W-was your father's friends not there?" Kat asked quietly. Her voice losing the hope she had.

"...No they were there, but since they knew my dad was dead they refused to help me.... Told me my father only kept me so I could work for him." Bradley frowned a bit, as he looked down and glances at his feet.

Everyone stood in the hallway in silence again, Chester soon spoke up.

"Why do we need back up? We trained a lot. I'm sure we can take him on."

Koji bit his lip, his expression filled with doubt.

"What makes you so sure?" Luna asked, with a bit of a hiss in her tone. her eyebrows furrowed.

"Well. We read the diary right. That means we know how to win against him..."

Everyone starred with confusion, some more confused then others.

"....The demon is Maui's old boyfriend, Iki. If we use our knowledge to distract him by talking about Maui. I'm sure we can land some attacks, then finally kill him."

Lily thought about it and slowly started nodding. "You're right..."

Chester kept talking. "And when we kill it...." His eyes widen. "I'll beat him, make sure he's in pain as he's dying. I'll make sure his death is so painful he wished he died before he met me..." He started to raise his voice. "He'll beg for mercy, but I won't listen--"

Zero put his hand on Chester's shoulder and raised his eyebrows. "Dude, Chill."

Chester calmed down, his breathing started to slow down. "Sorry... he angers me... I want him dead."

Luna smirked a bit. "How come? Was it because of Chase?"

"Not only that but...." His eyes widen again, he held is stomach as the words started to pour out of his mouth. "He killed Maui. He was suppose to love her and just killed her. Once someone is dead they're gone... he just killed the person he loved... its not fair. Not at all..."

No one really understood what he met, Chester didn't have a lover so what was the problem...? Did he like Maui? No... they never really got along anyway.

Koji was the first to really understand, we found Chester at a house with children slaves. Alex just convinced us to take him in. None of them knew his past.

"Guuuuuys!~ I'm here!" Everyone turned around to see Alja, waving with his only arm.

And he was also alone.