Chapter Forty Four - Three Hostages

(For some reason this was unpublished so... lmao)

Chase was an easy target. He's weak when it comes to fighting and he's small.

When the morning came, Kat was the first to wake up. She stretched, yawned, and sat up.

"Wake up everyone!" She yelled, causing us all to wake up.

"H-huh what?!" I looked around, realizing where we were. Then I saw Sonia, snuggling up to me.

He was slowly making he way to the real world, on the other hand, we saw Luna walk in.

"Breakfast!" She called.

Alex jumped up and smiled widely. "What kind?! Pancakes, Waffles, Pancakes AND waffles?!"

"Toast." Luna smirked, sticking out her tongue. Alex made a pouty face.

Kat was the first to leave for the food, then Alex, Luna, Sonia, then me.

When we got there the boys were whispering to each other.

We only saw Alja and Chester.

"Where's Chase?!" Kat asked, looking a bit concerned.

"Sick." Alja spat out, chewing on his toast.

"He's sick?!" Alex said, biting her lip.

"He has a fever, that's all. He'll be okay!" Chester smiled.

"W-what does... H-he have..?" Sonia questioned, playing around with his fingers.

"A cold." Alja said.

"The flu." Chester said.

"Fever." Luna said.

They all looked at each other.

"He had a cold. Then he got the flu and has a fever." Chester fixing what they all said.

No body really said anything afterwards.

Then we all left, taking different positions around the castle.

"Romeo probably took him hostage." Luna told Chester.

"It is likely. I mean! He can't defend himself, he's a healer!" Chester chuckled a little.

"I'll handle it." Alja told the two, looking angered.

"No, Alja. You are, for some reason, out to kill the man. And if you do that'll cause a war or something against this kingdom and blade. I'll handle it." Luna said, very strict about what she was saying.

"Fine. Fine!" Alja spat, walking of. Whistling.

I was at my post, the entrance of the castle. Casually watching everyone who passed, I started to ponder.

Romeo seemed awfully strange since we arrived, like he was... planning something.

And I wasn't someone to shrug it off.

"Excuse me. I'll be back soon, make sure no one enters." I told the two other guards, who nodded and held their weapons high.

I walked in and headed towards the roof, where Kat was.

And yet no one was up there.

Then I went to the boys room, I didn't even see Chase.

Now I needed to find Luna, Chester, or Alja. To get answers.

"ALJA! LUNA! CHESTER! WHERE ARE YOU-?!" I screamed, till I ran into the one and only Romeo.

"Oh! Excuse me, Miss Lily. I was just heading towards the dining hall, aren't you suppose to be outside?"

I raised an eyebrow

"Aren't you suppose to have guards with you...?"

"Oh! You clever little fox. Yes I am, but I can't have them see what I'm doing can I?"

I started backing up

"And what is that?"

He smirked, putting a metal object over his mouth. Before I could react, he slammed a glass container on the ground.

A pink gas came out, next thing I knew.

I couldn't move.

"Now come join your friends!" He purred in my ear, picking me up and walking towards his sleeping quarters.

My eyes ended up closing before I could figure out how he got in his room without being noticed, but when I opened them...

Well I was in a cage, with Chase and Kat. Both in the same situation I was in.

I tried to speak, but I couldn't. It seemed like my body was paralyzed.

Shocking, I would assume they'd have someone to prevent this in a league. If you look at it...

Blade is pretty weak.

I spotted Romeo on his bed, drooling over a photo of a young girl.

He muttered something over and over again, I couldn't hear what he was saying though.

Then the door opened.

Romeo jumped, he growled. "How did you get in? I locked the door. And if you broke it down a trap would of gone off."

I saw Luna. Her katana in her hand. "It's a secret. I see you took three of my friends hostages. What for? You know, I picked out this mission because I thought Alex liked you. Yet, Alex seems like she wants to go home. I can see why. You know Alja? He told me what happened. So if you want Alex, we already sent her back to blade.

Romeo eyes widen in anger. "Yo-You did WHAT?!" He jumped up, taking out a knife. "I'll kill you! You BITCH!"

After he said that, Alja and Chester walked in. "We don't want to start a war. So pretty pretty please hand over our friends!" Chester stuck out his tongue.

Romeo smiled. "Right. A war. That'll happen if you kill me or even harm me!" He started walking towards the cage we were trapped in, opening in.

He grabbed Kat, pulling her towards his face by her hair. She whimpered in pain.

He licked her cheek. "It's either your friends of a war, though. Or... You could go give me my Aki...."

Kat had tears starting to form.

Alja looked like he was going to snap, but Luna stopped him from moving forward. "Romeo, we're being polite. Hand over our friends."

Romeo's hand started going up Kat's shirt. "Oh? I don't do polite unfortunately..."

Kat managed out some words "S-stop..."

Luna didn't move, like she gave up. But in an instant, she threw a hidden knife that hit Romeo in the arm. He screeched and fell to the ground.

They all ran up to us, Chester putting me on his shoulders, Alja putting Kat on his shoulders, and Luna carrying Chase.

Then they made a break for it, even when Romeo rang the alarm they still ran.

We made it outside, Sonia was already on a horse. They jumped on theirs and we bolted for blade.

"I-is there G-going to be a-a war...?" Sonia asked Chester, looking frightened.

"No. We made a deal with a certain... Butler."

"Huh?"

Luna smiled. "We'll explain when we get home, and these three are all healed."

Chester stuck out his tongue. "Sonia you should try and heal them. You are a healer now right?"

Before Sonia could respond Chester laughed. "I'm just kidding."