Chapter Two - The First Mission

The group led me threw a long and narrow hallway, it was dark and I couldn't see. It was cold too.

"We're almost there." Luna told me, looking down.

I decided to start up some conversation, to pass by time.

"So... Luna. Funny you have black wings and the alliance is called Angels! Haha!" I told her, awkwardly laughing.

"Not really." She hissed back, I bit my lip and had a nervous expression. I started to ask questions.

"Can you fly?" I asked.

"Sure. Only when I can though."

"Oh. How come?"

"I damaged my wing a while back. I can't fly that much anymore. I hate it.." She growled, tightening her fist in anger.

"Oh! It must be useful though!"

"Sure. 'Useful'"

I gave up on conversation with her and walked back to talk to Kat and Chase. Chase gasped a bit and hugged onto Kat's leg.

"Oh! Hello, Lily. How are you? Sorry about the cold." She said kindly, giving me a smile.

"I'm fine. You and Chase seem pretty close. Are you related?"

She looked up a bit and whispered softly "No." She looked down at Chase and patted his head "Can I tell her?" She whispered in his ear. He bit his lip and then nodded, still hiding from me.

"Chase wasn't accepted into Blade. He was found and the master of Blade took him in. His family is... Dead... When I first joined he was one of the few in Angel. He was always scared, so one day I found him outside sleeping. I stayed with him until he woke up and we kinda became friends."

Chase nodded along with her story.

"That's deep" I said in amazement.

"We're here!!!" Alex screeched pointing to a board full of different signs.

"What is it?" I asked, slightly curious.

"The Mission board, we pick our  missions from here." Luna spat, rolling her eyes.

"Cool! Are we going to pick on now?" I asked, looking at the different missions.

"I've already picked one!" Alex said proudly, smiling brightly.

"W-which one? I-is it... Al-Alex?" Chase stuttered, walking up to the board.

"That one!" She said pointing to a sign at the top row.

I walked up to it and read it.

Dear Blade.

We are having a problem at Stornway castle. A monster knight threatens our kingdom. He has told us if we do not hand over our beautiful daughter, Sonia, he will kidnap her and kill everyone in the village. The townsfolk are terrified. Please send help.

Signed,
King Harlem.

"That seems hard, shouldn't we pick an easier one?" Kat asked, looking at Alex with a concern expression.

"But They need help as soon as possible! Cmon we can do it!" She exclaimed, pointing at the bottom.

"I see..." I whispered under my breath, looking at the different missions.

After reading most of them I realized this was one of the hard ones.

"Let's go get geared up." Kat suggested, walking back the way we came.

I didn't ask anymore questions I just quietly followed.

(Picture is Kat)