Chapter Forty One - Selfish.

"I-I'm sorry... I must of've heard wrong. Can you repeat what you said?" I gave an awkward.

Koji looked down, his bangs covering his eyes. "I said I'm quitting Blade."

I jumped up and ran over to him, staring into his eyes. "W-what..! WHY?! Y-YOU CAN'T!"

"Huh? And why not?" He laughed, "It's not like you care..."

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!! I DO CARE! STOP BEING SELFISH, BLADE NEEDS YOU! YOU'RE ONE OF THE STRONGEST PEOPLE IN BLADE."

Koji started screaming next "SELFISH?! YOU THINK I'M SELFISH?!"

After realizing what I called him I bit my lip, "W-well...--"

He cut me off.

"ITS SONIA. ALWAYS SONIA. HE'S THE ONE WHO'LL MAKE YOU HAPPY, "I love you!" "I love you too!" DID YOU THINK I WOULDN'T FIND OUT?!"

My eyes widen "How did you know?! You weren't even there!"

"DOES IT MATTER!"

He started crying, tears running down his cheeks. His voice became very shaky.

"I-I'm not going t-to stand h-here... A-and watch you and S-Sonia be all lovely dovey... I-I'm not going to wait until Sonia leaves you... And you come to me..."

"K-Koji... Wait--"

He looked in my eyes, staring deep into them. "Lily. I told him, I told Sonia. How much I hate him. How much I despise him. How much I hope he'd go back to his ruined kingdom and never come back. And he hugged me. He actually HUGGED me. THE NERVE OF HIM. But no matter how much I wanted to, I didn't punch him."

He wouldn't allow me to respond, he walked right out the door and towards the exit.

I stood in my room, shocked. I did love Sonia, I really did. But... I never thought Koji would leave me.

I am selfish.

"L-Lily! I-it's time for o-our next mission! So-Sonia's ready and Luna wanted to leave early.

I looked up and saw Chase, smiling a weak smile.

"O-okay..." Is all I could manage to say, I walked out the room and towards the Angels with Chase