Chapter Twenty Four - Evil Rich Lady... Maybe?

"Absolutely NOT!" I yelled at Koji, who was packed up ready to go on our mission.

Luna, Kat, Alex, and Chase were all ready. Waiting for me to hurry myself up and get going.

"Look. Lily. It's the works field. And it's in Conny. I'm going, I already told the Thunders. I'm going"

"I said NO!" I argued, putting my hands on my hips.

"Lily! We gotta go, just let him come! It's not gonna be a big deal." Alex told me, grabbing my hand and dragging me.

"But, he's not in our alliance!--"

"It doesn't matter. It'll be fine. C'mon." Kat comforted me, I sighed and finally gave up.

"LLLLILLLY!!" Sonia screamed, running up to me with big eyes.

"Sonia! Why are you out here? Go back to your room!" I ordered him, he looked down and bit his lip.

"I-I wanted to say, bye..! And good luck!" He smiled and hugged me, burying his face in my chest.

I blushed and patted his head. Koji glaring at us.

We got on our horses and off we went to Conny. I honestly would of preferred to stay back, I've never seen the Work Fields and I planned on never seeing it.

But, sadly, we arrived. Jumping off our horses and strapping them onto a fence.

"...This i-is a vill-village?" Chase asked, looking around seeing all the houses completely empty.

"Yeah... This is the place." Luna spat, pointing up to a mansion on the top of the cliff. "That's where we need to go."

Alex started running, causing us to run to keep up with her.

I looked back at Koji who looked awfully pale, he realized I was staring at him and smile. Running faster.

We arrived, Kat knocked on the door. We waited a little bit until a boy opened the door.

A little boy.

"H-Hello! Are you fro-from Blade?!" He asked, he was looking down. His eyes dull.

"Yes. We are. Let us in." Luna hissed, walking in as we followed.

The little boy grabbed Chase's arm, he whispered something in his ear. But was interrupted by a screech.

We all shot our attention to a older women, dressed in a huge fancy gown. With so much makeup I thought she could drown in it.

"What were you telling are new friends, Max?" She hissed in a polite tone. Her eyes cold.

"I-I told him to please find my b-brother... Mistress!"

"Mm... Okay... Now, go to the others."

"Yes Mistress!"

Before we realized, that evil looking women, who gave off a scary aura, was face to face with Chase. Glaring deep into his eyes.

"Now, sweetie. What did he really say?" She hissed, taking out a fan and fanning herself.

Chase yelped, running behind Kat. "He w-wanted me to sa-save his brother!"

"Mm... K. Your room is upstairs. How many of there are you...? One, two, three... Six. Oh my, I thought only two or three would come. Oh my oh my, you'll all have to share a bed with someone. Catch the kidnapper and bring back my Slav-- children workers. Thank you, bye." She flipped her hair, like a diva in those movies, and left the room.

We all kinda, sat there. Not saying anything. We just looked at each other awkwardly.

"I'll share a bed with Kat!~" Alex smiled, "It'll be like a slumber party!"

Chase looked at Koji, Koji smirked and glared at Chase with evil eyes.

Chase yelped again, poor thing, hugging onto Luna's arm. "I'll be Luna's buddy..!"

"But Chase you're a boy. You should share a bed with Koj--" Kat started, until Koji glared at her.

I sighed, yawning a bit from the long travel. We all made our way to the lonely room in a spooky hallway.

We all just jumped into one of the poor looking beds. It was medium size, alright to share with someone.

We all just decided to sleep in our clothes, not bothering to change into any PJ's.

We turned off the lights and all of us drifted to sleep.

"Pervert." I whispered In Koji's ear, he turned his head. Didn't realize he was awake.

"Why does everyone think I'm a pervert?" He chuckled, looking at the sky.

"I'm kidding. We slept together a lot when we were little... But we were six and seven."

"We did?"

I shot him a look and nodded "Already forgot? Am I not special to you anymore." I giggled.

"U-uh! I was kidding! I'd... Never forget..."

I was about to respond, but I fell asleep. Dreaming about the evil rich lady, thinking she seemed pretty suspicious.

"AHHH! N-NO, STOP IT!-- MMMM--" I heard someone screech, causing me to fall out of the bed.

Everyone was already up, shocked expressions.

At the door there was a green haired, green eyed boy. Holding a sword up to Chase's neck.

"Hello! I'm Chester... Now. Don't move!~ or I'll slit his throat. I just... Need you to answer some important... Questions."

I was about to yell at him, but Koji stood up. Not seeming to care about the situation.

"Yes, I'm aware what the leader of this house does. Are you the so called kidnapper?"

He smiled and pushed Chase over to Kat. Who hugged him, glaring at Chester with anger.

"Maybe! Why? Are you evil also. If you are I'll have to kidnap you, and I'll torture you until you tell me this woman's plans."

"No. I worked here when I was a child, I escaped along with two of my friends."

My eyes widen, not in shocked. I assumed he worked here and that's why he wanted to come, since he was taken from those two men back then.

"That's lucky. Most kids who work here don't escape. They die here." Chester spat, not talking in that happy tone he was earlier.

"Come with me all of you. I'll lead you to the missing children." He ordered us, jumping out our single window.

Koji smiled "It's okay. You can trust him.... I think."

I trusted Koji enough to follow him, soon everyone was following us.

And we were lead into the woods in the dark night.

[Picture is Chester]