Chapter Forty Nine - Maui's beloved Iki.

Koji was finally better to the point he didn't have to stay in the infirmary anymore.

But the moment he was better, Maui wanted to see him.

Lily, of course, refused to let him go, But Alex convinced her to let him.

Koji opened the door and slightly shut it, walking up to Maui's desk.

Maui looked up, dark bags under her eyes and coffee in her hand. "Sit down."

Koji took a seat quickly.

"I want to talk to you about our... Battle..."

"Who's Iki?"

"... I'll have to tell you my life story to answer that.." She growled, rolling her eyes slightly.

"I have time." Koji smirked, leaning back in his chair to get comfortable.

Maui sighed.

She glared at him. "This is a secret between you and me then."

---
No one liked Maui. She scared everyone she knew. Even her own teachers.

Even her parents.

By the time she was ten she could take down pro wrestlers.

You could say she was OP.

She didn't care about her grades in school, even though she was lucky to intend.

She had no friends

She was all alone.

Except for that one day she remembers do clearly. October twenty ninth. Fifteen years ago.

-
A strange boy approached the fearsome Maui. His long, orange hair flowing in the wind.

Maui glared at him, clicking his tongue.

"You wanna fight me? I wouldn't recommend it."

The boy gulped, obviously scared of the ten year old.

"I-I'm Iki Angel! I'm twelve years old!" He did a slight bow, trying to show respect.

Maui grabbed her bat, putting it over her shoulder. "And?"

"... U-uh... I heard you're the strongest gir-- Erm... Person... In town and I kinda... Wanted... Training."

Maui eyes widen a bit, no one has ever talked to her about... Training.

"No." She said bluntly,

"P-please!"

"What did I say?"

"Ma-Maui-sama! I'll do anything!"

"Why do you want to learn so badly?! God! Get out of here before I kill you! And I will!"

Iki slowly turned around, actually about to leave.

But then he ran up to her, getting on his hand and knees. Head down.

"I-I NEED TO BECOME STRONG! TO STOP MY FATHER!"

Maui raised an eyebrow. "Your father, huh?"

There was a ten second long Silence..

"What exactly does your father do?"

Iki looked up, a bit of hope in his eyes. Soon he looked sad. "H-he uh... Drinks a lot... And he abused my little sister..."

Maui eyes widen, she grabbed him by the collar. Pulling him off the ground.

"Why the hell are you here asking for training and not telling a teacher or something." Her eyes were filled with anger.

"I-I can't... I don't have proof..."

"THE BRUISES ON HER IS PROOF!" She screamed, gripping her grip tighter.

"S-she died last m-month.... F-from a c-carriage accident."

Maui eyes soften, she slowly put him on the ground. He took a deep breath. He was about to get on his knees but Maui stopped him.

"You have guts to talk to me. Even to keep talking to me when I threatened to kill you. So I'll train you."

His eyes sparkled with happiness. "Yay! Thank you Maui-sama!!"

"Maui. Just say Maui."

Iki tilted his head, smiling brightly. "Okay!"

They trained for a full three months. Iki becoming a great warrior.

As Iki and Maui sat on the hill, watching the sunset on their last day of training.

"Hey... Maui..."

"What?"

"...after I... K-kill my father... I want to travel away from this city."

Maui eyes widen, she could feel an aching pain in her heart for some reason.

"You're gonna... Leave?"

"Yeah..."

Maui looked down, her hair covering her eyes. "O-okay... I'll miss you."

Maui suddenly felt a warm hand pat her, she looked over at Iki who was smiling.

"I want you to come with me."

Maui eyes filled with happiness, an emotion she only felt around Iki. She looked away from Iki.

"Sure, whatever." She played it cool.

The next morning Iki took care of his father, Maui watching. They visited Iki's sisters grave. Then left without saying good bye to anyone.

Because they had no one to say good bye to.

For five years after that, they were like their own league. Going city to city, village to village, town to town. Helping people.

But what they didn't know was that Iki was being hunted.

Apparently Iki's father had a friend. Who wanted to avenge him.

And from a surprise attack, he stabbed Iki in the stomach. Making sure he died rather quickly.

Maui, of course, killed him. But not fast.

She slowly tortured him, screaming and crying.

Her precious Iki.

Her precious friend.

Was killed.

On her watch.

---
"I then made my own league, Iki always wanted to make one. But no matter how hard I try to forget him, I can't. Alex comes and names an alliance "Angels" then you join, and you look exactly like him.
...
Except he smiled more..."

Koji took a deep breath. "I'm sorry... You seem to have it rough."

Maui stood up. "I got over it."

Before the conversation could continue, Kat barged into the office.

"Kat? What is it? I'm busy--"

"Blade is under attack!" She yelled, eyes widen.