Chapter Forty Seven - "Fight"

"MAUI WAIT!" Lily screamed, looking at Koji who was getting off the ground and putting his claws on.

"What? Do you have a problem, Lily?" Maui spat at her, swinging her scythe around like a crazy woman.

"YEAH! You-You'll Kill him! What did he do!? He didn't do ANYTHING!" Lily cheeks were red, her eyes were big, she was breathing heavily.

"Lily. Calm down." Luna told her. Looking rather serious.

"Oh? He didn't do anything?~ Well... Koji~ What were you doing in Blade after you quit? What were you... after?~" Maui purred, amused by the expression Koji was given.

"T-that do-doesn't matter! Lets fight already."

"Okay! On three..."

"MAUI DON'T!" Lily screamed once more. Running towards where they were fighting.

But then being pushed back by air itself.

Maui glared at her, her eyes filled with a murderous aura. "Don't interfere."

Zero bit his lip and whispered to Luna "What class is Maui?"

"I don't know!"

"Only powerful mages can put up a shield...."

"A shield? You mean she put up a shield so we can't stop her?" Luna looked pissed, she walked over to Lily and dragged her to a chair. Sitting her down.

"Lily. We can't interfere. Just watch, Koji is strong... he'll do... fine..." Zero told her, doubting his words.

"O-okay.... okay... okay..." Lily calmed down, she took a big breath and started to watch the fight.

Koji charged towards her, raising his claws to strike her in the shoulders. Only for Maui to stop the claws with her scythe and kick him in the stomach, causing him to fly back and hit the wall.

Koji yelped in agony. Lily's grip on the chair tightened.

Koji stood back up, wiping his mouth with his sleeve. "I-i'll I-I'LL KILL YOU!" He screamed, recklessly charging at her again in attempt to punch her in the face.

Maui raised her arm, blocking his punch. She used the end of her scythe to push him on the ground. Then she repeatedly kicked him in the stomach.

Koji screamed and yelled, by the time Maui stopped he started to puke in the corner.

"Give up? I can kill you right now so you don't have to suffer." Maui said, emotionless like it was no big deal.

Lily covered her eyes "I-i can't..."

Koji stood up once more, his glare sharper then any sword. "I-i'll never give up... MAUI... YOU THINK YOU'RE STRONG. BUT I'LL BEAT YOU!"

Koji ran up to her kicking her leg and actually hitting her.

Only to be cut in the arm by Maui's scythe. Blood poured down his arm, it started to puddle on the ground.

"Haha...haha...HAHAH..." Koji started laughing.

Then crying.

"S-stop going easy on me Maui!"

Maui flinched.

"... Fine you cunt." Maui smiled.

"Time for you to suffer."

Maui charged at Koji with lighting fast speed, kicking him in the gut and punching him in the chin.

Koji fell on the ground, yelping in agony.

"DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!" Maui laughed. Insanely.

"MAUI STOP, YOU'LL KILL HIM!!" Luna screamed. "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" Zero yelled after her. Lily was crying, begging silently for Maui to stop.

Koji was bleeding from his arm, mouth, and now his nose.

Koji looked up at Maui, expecting this to be the last thing he sees before he dies.

Maui was crying. She had legit tears streaming down her face.

"W-why... wh-why d-do you l-look so mu-much li-like him..?"

She stopped beating up Koji and started sobbing louder. Everyone stared at her.

"I-i wanted h-h-him out o-of my life a-after that...."

Koji stood up, staring deep into Maui's eyes.

"WHY DO YOU ACT LIKE HIM TOO?" She screamed, slapping Koji hard.

Koji had the chance to attack her, even though he did he didn't dare.

Not because he feared death. It was because he pitied her.

"Maui..." Koji whispered, getting closer to her.

Maui fell into his arm, hugging him around his chest.

"Its been t-ten years... WHY CAN'T I FORGET HIM...?!"

Lily hands uncovered her eyes, flinching at what she saw.

Koji raised his arms, having the same wide eyes as Lily. He hugged her back.

"M-my Iki.... My on-only friend... M-my precious f-friend...."

The shield went down, Maui finally stopped crying and came back to her senses. She told Koji she wouldn't kill him if he agreed to rejoin Blade.

And he did.

Instead of staying in him dorm he stayed in the infirmary due to his injures. With Lily there nursing him.

"Koji, I'm going to bed. Be back tomorrow morning."

"Okay, see you then."

Before Lily left, she turned around and looked at Koji. "...Koji...."

"Hm? Whats up?"

"...Thanks for coming back......"

Koji looked a bit surprised she said that, but he returned with a warm smile. "You're welcome."