Chapter Fifty Six - Backup.

It was around two in the morning and everyone was still awake, except Chase. The only person who tried to go to bed was Bradley, but he was even haunted by the massacre he witnessed.

Chester was sitting in a wooden chair, right beside the bed Chase was lying in. Running his hand through his hair.

Lily was sitting in her locked room, staring at the necklace that killed Sonia and saved Koji. She placed her head in her hands and her breathing slowed.

Koji was in the training room, counting each push-up. Sweat dripping down his sticky face and making a tiny puddle on the wooden floor.

"Eight hundred ninety seven.... Eight hundred ninety eight.... Eight hundred ninety nine... N-nine...hundred!"

Kat and Bradley were quietly talking, leaning against the wall outside the infirmary.

Luna casually was starring at Zero as he slept quietly, drowning in her thoughts.

They were the only ones left in Blade. The only ones who weren't wimpy enough to pack of their bags and run.

But they were scared. Every single one of them.

"We need back up." Bradley told Kat, his eyes widening from the memory of what happen.

"Who will be willing to help us?"

"I dunno... Maybe I could find some of my fathers friends..."

"Your father? Who's your father?"

"...Remember when I told you I was forced to join those killers and thieves. The leader... the one who had Sonia's necklace... He's my father."

"....Makes sense..." She muttered, thoughts attacking her mind. She streched and turned her body to be completely facing Bradley. "We should go talk to Alja."

Bradley nodded, following Kat as they walked towards Alja's room.

Kat didn't bother to knock and walked right in. Alja was walking from one side to the other, biting his nails.

"Alja...?" Kat raised her eyebrow as she watched him walk back and forth.

Alja stopped, turning his head to the two. "Oh." He slapped on a fake smile, "What is it?"

"...Bradley here had a nice idea... He could go find some of his fathers friends for back up." Kat pushed some of her hair behind her ear, "Because we can't.... take that... thing on our own."

Alja put his hand on his chin and lips. Deep into thought he slowly started to nod. "Yeah... that is a... really good idea. Who's your father?"

Bradley flinched a bit. "Oh... rememb--"

Alja shook his hand in the air. "You know what it doesn't matter. Are his friends useful?~" 

"...Yeah..."

"Great!" He actually had hope in his face now. "Now where are they?!" he asked with excitement in his voice.

Kat looked over at Bradley as his shoulders sunk. "I... I have a good idea at where the could be."

"Good idea!?" Alja frowned and crossed his arms.

After Bradley explained how and why his fathers friends are always on the move. Alja sighed and sat down, thinking for five minutes straight.

"So... what're we gonna do?" Kat asked, biting her lip.

"... Bradley, grab a horse and go to where you think your fathers friends are." Bradley nodded.

"Okay!" He smiled at Kat and ran out the room.

Alja looked at Kat. "I'm heading out. I'll be back at the end of the week. I want everyone to train hard. Train harder then they ever have. Kat, you're in charge while i'm gone."

Alja grabbed a box that was on his desk and ran out of the room.

Kat sighed, her hands in a fist. She walked out of the room to give everyone the orders.