Ch 18: The Chase

Depuis le début

"Ya gotta embrace the cliches Jess." Mike commented.

"They are the bread and butter of all valedictorians." Eric added.

"That is why you're not valedictorian" Angela said to her boyfriend.

"I chose to exit the political arena to spend more time with my family." Eric defended himself.

"Jess doesn't need cliches. Her speech is gonna be epic." Bella complimented.

"Epic? It'll change lives." Jessica boasted.

That's when Alice and Jasper joined the table.

"I've decided to throw a party." Alice excitedly announced. That made Edward, Bella and I look at her with an annoyed expression. The others at the table was sort of surprised of her outburst and news.

"After all, graduation's the same day as Avalei's birthday, and besides, how many times are we going to graduate high school." Jasper added, making a small smile appear on Edward's and I's faces. Classic immortality inside joke.

"A party? At your house?" Angela asked, intriguing everyone else.

"I've never seen your house." Jessica chimed in.

"No one's ever seen their house." Eric mumbled to her. No kidding.

"Another party Alice?" Edward solemnly asked.

"It'll be fun." Alice defended.

"Yeah that's what you said last time." Bella included.

That's when Alice slumped down in her chair, staring off into space.

Once I saw her, I looked into her mind to see what it was.

Victoria was planning to come back to Forks soon.

Edward, Jasper, and I tensed up a bit, but only for a few seconds without anyone noticing. Alice soon snapped out of her vision. Though, Bella sort of noticed as she nudged Edward but he just gave her a reassuring smile. Edward was thinking of taking Bella away for awhile just to avoid Bella being here for it. I used my telepathy on him.

Edward, you still have those 2 plane tickets Esme and Carlisle gave to Bella for her birthday. You could use that to get away while we deal with Victoria. She won't know a thing about it.

He nodded his head once agreeing with me.

*A week later*

Bella and Edward left for Florida yesterday, they'd stay there for the weekend. Today was the day Victoria would visit town, so we wanted to confront her and settle things between us...Okay we want to rip her to shreds like what happened to the other 2.

My family and Jacob wanted me to stay out of this sort of hunt down because I was one of Victoria's targets but I told them if they were going to kill her, I'd have to be there. She's caused us too much stress to not allow me to see her die.