Ch. 25||Please Don't Leave Me||

<Play Song>

There we were. On the rooftop of the school. Travis wanted to talk to me. He honestly looked uneasy and sad. That concerned me...

The clouds were gray and it was dark. It was going to rain any second now. I hoped that Travis wouldn't take long to talk to me so we wouldn't get soaked.

"So... What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked.

He looked down at the ground, his eyes full of sadness.

"Katelyn, I...for some reason I feel that you aren't as special to me as you use to be... I don't feel the connection anymore." He said.

...

Travis...

He...

...Doesn't love me anymore?

No....

I have to be dreaming...

Why does everything seem so weird... Why do I feel so dizzy? Why do I feel so scared and alone? What is this empty feeling?

"Y-You... " I looked down as tears began to fall from my eyes and onto the stone ground of the roof. "I... This is a joke... "

"It isn't a joke. I don't love you. I'm sorry." He said without any meaning.

"W-... Why!? Is Lucinda suddenly better than me or something!? Did you fall for her and forget about me!?" I asked as I sobbed.

"How did you...? ...Yes. I love Lucinda now. And I'll never go back to you. Now, Its time for me to go over to her house to hang out. I'm sure I'll have more fun with her than I ever did with you." He said as he walked away.

Rain began to fall.

It only made me feel worse.

"Travis.... "

I collapsed to my knees with my hands in my hair. His words ran through my thoughts.

"I don't think you're as special to me anymore"

"I don't feel the connection anymore"

"I don't love you anymore"

All I could see was darkness. All I could feel was heartbreak.

I couldn't stand... I couldn't move...

It feels like my heart was stabbed with a knife.

"Katelyn?"

Travis... I thought you loved me..

"Katelyn, wake up!"

You said you'd never leave me...

"Katelyn!"

Travis please.... I'm nothing without you...

"KATELYN!"

~~~~~~~~

I jolted awake with tears running down my cheeks. I immediately felt a pare of arms around me.

"Katelyn! Are you okay!? You were sobbing in your sleep! What kind of nightmare did you have!? You weren't waking up when I called you!" ...It was Travis's voice. It was only a dream.

I hugged him tight.

"T-Travis! Y-You love me, right!? You didn't leave me, right!?" I sobbed.

"What!? No, I'm right here! It's okay. I still love you and you're still mine. You always will be. Don't worry." He said in his sweet, comforting voice.

"Thank Irene... " I said in a quiet and quivering voice.

I tried to stop the tears but I couldn't. The thought of Travis leaving me is just too heartbreaking.

"What happened?" He asked quietly.

"W-We... Were on the school roof and...you said you didn't love me anymore because you fell for Lucinda. Then you said she was better than me... And how you weren't coming back... Then you left to be with her... Travis, I was so scared. The dream seemed so real." I explained.

"That's horrible. I promise I'll never leave you, okay?" He said.

"What if that dream will become real!? What if Lucinda somehow moves here and makes you fall for her!?" I sobbed.

"What? No, I will never love Lucinda! I love you and no one else. And it will stay that way. What could go wrong?" He said with a warm smile.

My tears stopped and I slightly smiled. "Y-You're right... What could go wrong? "

What could go wrong...

⭐Word Count⭐: 630