Ch.6||Out In The Cold||

•°•Katelyn's POV•°•

I was walking down the road to the store on a cold Autumn morning. Today was really cold. Like, really cold. I was only in my brown and white sweater and jeans. I didn't have a scarf or anything else to keep me warm.

I just sat down on a bench and rubbed my hands together to keep warm. I could see my breath in the cold air. It's supposed to be Autumn! Not winter!

A voice startled me, "Oh, hey Katelyn."

I looked up. It was Travis.

"Oh, hey." I said.

"Want me to warm you up~?" He flirted.

"Wanna be sent to hell?" I asked.

"Okay! Calm down! Jeez! I was only flirting!" He said.

"And you know how I hate guys who flirt with me."

"Chill out! I'll stop, okay? But seriously, you seem really cold."

"Yeah, thanks for clarifying that." I said sarcastically as I crossed my arms and looked away, hoping he'd leave me alone.

He took off his scarf and handed it to me. I looked at it confused.

"T-Travis, I'm fine." I said.

"Just take it. I'll be fine." He said with a smile.

"Well, I don't care about you being cold. I just...don't need it."

"Hey! Just take it. It looks like you need it."

I just took it. "Thanks."

"Want me to put it on for you~?"

"What do you think I am? A toddler? I can take care of myself." I put on the scarf. It was warm and soft...

"Well, you're welcome. Bye." He walked off.

I watched him walk off and I stood up and continued walking to the store. I looked down at the green scarf and nuzzled my nose into it.

It smelled like Travis

Hey! It's not like I like him or anything! I just...I don't know anymore...

When I was done with shopping, I began walking home again down the same path. But suddenly I tripped and dropped my groceries on the ground. I groaned. I know I'm clumsy but not that clumsy.

Before I could pick up my groceries, a small dog came and walked inside my bags to eat something.

"Hey! Get out of there!" I yelled. I didn't want to hit it or anything because I didn't want to be considered an 'animal abuser'.

Suddenly from behind the dog, there was a hissing noise. The dog turned to it. It was a small white cat. It hissed again. The dog barked and growled. The cat hissed once more and scratched the dog. It whimpered and ran away. The small cat looked at me and I looked at it. Huh, weird. A cat saved my groceries.

"Thanks, cat." I said with a smile.

I picked up my groceries and began to walk away.

When I got to my apartment and was about to walk in, I heard a meow.

"Hm?" I looked behind me and saw the same white cat. "You followed me home?"

It meowed again. I sighed and let it follow me. Luckily my apartment allows animals in it.

When I got to my room, I put my groceries away and looked at the cat. It looked pretty skinny. I felt bad for it so I looked up some foods that cats can eat. Turns out cats can eat lots of things such as turkey. Luckily I bought some.

I got a bowl and put some turkey in it and placed it in front of the cat. It sniffed it unsurely and then ate some. I smiled at it.

Then the thought hit me.

I should give it a name.

"Hmm...how about...Willow? Nah...Snowy? Umm...Winter? Blueberry? Waffles? Uhhh....Angel? Angel...I like that name. Angel."

Angel it is!

I pet its back and yawned. It was pretty late.

I looked down and saw that I still had Travis' scarf. Oh well, I guess I'll give it to him in the morning.

⭐Word Count⭐: 662