Ch.8||Family Reunion||

The soundtrack above is called Clockwork :3 And I will be using soundtrack made by the same person in my books a lot more often now. (Go to Vindsvept's YouTube channel, they have beautiful soundtracks :D)

~Kitty

•°•Katelyn's POV•°•

I opened the door and saw my dad. An angry expression came over my face.

"What do you want." I asked.

"Sugarpea! It's been a while." He reached his arms out to hug me but I stepped backwards and glared. He sighed, "I know, you're probably mad and...this might not have been the best time to come but I need to explain some things."

"Like what?" I asked in a stern voice.

"Well, let me come inside first. We can sit down and talk."

I let him in and we sat down at the table while Travis was playing with Angel on my bed.

<Play soundtrack>

"Sugarp- I mean...Katelyn, first of all I am so sorry for everything. You probably hate me and...your mother. But, I should probably explain what was going on when you were little."

"Go on..." I said.

"Well, you probably thought that we were avoiding you and ignoring you but that wasn't the case. Me and your mother wanted to spend time with you but we couldn't. You see, at the time you were little, me and your mom both lost our jobs and we couldn't pay for the bills for our house. We had no money to buy food or anything. That's why we were never able to celebrate your birthday or anything."

"Then why did you choose to ignore me all the time?

"We didn't ignore you. We just had no time to spend time with you. We were always getting phone calls, selling things, looking for better jobs. We weren't ignoring you. We loved you and tried to do all we could for you."

"I see...but then why did I have to leave?"

"We thought that you could be able to live on your own and get a job and take care of yourself because me and your mother couldn't take care of you."

"O-Oh...dad, I'm so sorry..."

"It's okay, sugarpea. But let me continue. Pretty soon your mother started going crazy and stressed out more often so she starting doing drugs and all that and that pretty soon led to her downfall." He looked down at the table.

"I...I feel horrible...dad, I'm so sorry. I...I had no idea. I'm such an idiot!" I yelled.

"It's not your fault. I should have told you sooner but you always ignored my calls."

"Dad, all these years I thought you didn't care about me...so I slowly became depressed over time until I met- never mind. And I thought I was just a mistake. And...I had no idea what you were going through."

"It's okay, sugarpea. Now let's just change the conversation. Like who exactly is this young man!?" He glared at Travis

"Who, me?" He asked.

"Uhh, dad he's a friend!" I said.

"I don't believe that! It was actually really quiet when I came up to your door. Were you two kissing or something!?"

I blushed. "WHAT!? DAD, NO! I SWEAR!"

"YES!" Travis said. We both looked at him.

I growled and walked up to him with my fist clenched.

"Uh, Katelyn! I was only kidding!" He said.

I punched him.

"GAH!" He screamed.

"Grr Katelyn, he better not be your boyfriend!" My dad said.

"Why do you care so much about that anyway!?" I asked.

"Because I don't want anyone taking away my sugarpea! I don't care if we just got reunited after a few years! Now tell me, is this young man your boyfriend or not!?" He said.

"N-No! We're not dating or anything! I literally just friendzoned him the other day!" I said.

"What!?" My dad asked.

"Wait, I mean...uhh..." I began.

"Well as long as you two aren't dating, then I'm fine with it." He said. We sighed of relief. "Well anyway, I've gotta get going now. You two better not do anything romantic or I'll...I don't know but I'll do something! Bye, sugarpea." He walked out the door.

"Well, that was...weird." I said.

"Yeah, why does your dad care about who you date?" Travis asked.

"I...have no idea." I said. "Well anyway, what'cha wanna do?"

"Uh, we can make out!"

I punched him.

"GAH! I WAS KIDDING!" He yelled.

"You better watch your mouth, dude. Not interested." I said while glaring.

"You little Tsun~Tsun." Travis said while smirking.

I groaned. "Never call me that."

"But it's true! You're a total tsundere." He said.

"Well you're a...flirtdere. If that's even a thing..." I said.

"It's not. But I'm probably a Yandere.... For you~."

I sighed.

"Whatever. Now wanna just play video games or something? I have all these games that I never get to play with anyone." I said.

"Sure! I'm up for it. Prepare to loose!" He yelled.

"Ha, I should be telling you that. I've been practicing playing these games whenever I'm bored. And I'm pretty good at them. I'll totally beat you."

"In your dreams, Katelyn! You're going down!"

We sat on my bed and turned on the tv to play some video games.

I actually am starting to like Travis a lot more than I intended. I can see us becoming close friends in the future.

But NOT lovers. *shutters*

⭐Word Count⭐: 910