Part Eighty-One: Cozy

Start from the beginning

"Dylan." I said his name sternly and he pursed his lips together. "This is just as much my pack as it is his. I know he's your brother- I know he could rally us better than anyone, but I am here now..." My hands shook, as I rubbed Danny's hand.

"We'll fight well tonight..."

"And I will lead you."

"If this doesn't get easier you need to take Danny and leave. Owen, Frea... Winny, the girls, they should all leave too..."

"We can't abandon our forest Dylan..."

He nodded with a sigh.

"I'll see you out there Luna."

"Thank you Dylan, you're dismissed." I said, looking at Danny still, and I waited to hear Dylan close the door behind him. "I'm starting to think he's right Danny... A council member is offering us his home up north for a while. We know these wolves have been coming from the south east, so it would be safe... If I don't go wolf... It would be the only way to stop them from tracking us... I just worry about the babies, being human full time won't be good for them, not when they've been growing so strongly with how much I run and hunt. I just don't know what to do Danny..."

*************************************************

"Hunt don't move." I scolded as I cleaned up the wound on his brow.

"Sorry Luna." He grit his teeth and closed his eyes as I used medical tape to close the cut shut. I went for the next step. "No- I'm good-"

"Hunt-" I pressed the disinfectant wipe on his brow and he glared at my hand. "This is for your own good. Besides, it was worth it- wasn't it?"

"Yes Ma'am!" He agreed, and Dylan cheered for him from his place on the sofa. We've all been crashing at the main house lately. Tonight was a victorious night, not just for Hunter, but for all of us. No one got hurt. The rogues were kept back. The only thing we were missing was our Alpha.

"You did well tonight Hunter. The Alpha would be proud."

"Thank you Luna." He says as he holds the cloth to his forehead.

"Food is almost ready." My dad says from the other side of the kitchen.

"Okay. Hey, Hunt, why don't you go get Lavender. She's been on our schedule for weeks now, she might as well eat with us." I say to him. He nods, and goes to walk up the stairs. Lavender is growing more each day, and she's showing major signs of scouting potential. I want her to feel special for her hard work.

"Need help?" Frea asks my dad as she comes into the kitchen, everyone else coming in towards the island to eat as well. My dad thanked her for the help, and I cleaned up the mess from cleaning Hunter's wound.

"It's almost someone's birthday..."

"Don't remind me-"

"Me either." I agreed as I nodded at Owen.

"We might be in full alert, but we still have to party-"

"No, no, no parties."I protest.

"I want pizza and movies."