Chapter Fifty-Seven

Dennise Michelle Lazaro

"Have you ever loved somebody so much It makes you cry..."

My smiles vanished as I heard my sister singing inside her room. I stopped on hopping happily. Hearing her soft and warm voice sends shivers to my bones. Her voice was so cool that it made me close my eyes.

"Have you ever tried to find the words but they don't come out right..." She continued singing making me hum.

Smiling, I walked closer on her bedroom's door, leaned my ear trying to hear her clearly. It was the first time I heard her singing, and she was freaking good. Mas magaling pa nga ata siya saakin eh. Isang ngiti ang sumilay sa labi ko habang nakikinig sa pag kanta niya. The song was so memorable yet Im loving how my sister sings it.

"Have you ever been in love.." I sang along with her quietly.

"Have you ever, have you ever."-Justine

"I have been," I answered opening the door. The sound of her piano messed up as she jerked on her sit, "I am so sorry." I laughed.

"What are you doing here?" She asked whilst shooting me glares.

"Uh, just roaming around my new house?"

She rolled her eyes, "Dennise, I told you not to roam around the house." She closed the cover of the piano and walked towards me, "roam outside. Italy's waiting for you."

"Eh? But Im lazy to go out."

"Nah uh. Spend the day outside. There are a lots of tourist spots here in Rome." Then there she goes, starting to lecture my lazy ass, "what's the point of you going here if you're not going to roam around the city?"

"Relax."

"But staying inside my house for the rest of the month is not what I called relaxing."-Justin

"It's what I called relaxing." I retorted and dodged her hand. I walked towards the piano, "you can sing! And you can play piano too, can you teach me?"

She shook her head in distress. I shrugged and started to play the piano. It was not actually my plan to stay inside the house for the rest of the month, but thinking about walking around the city makes me want to sleep nalang.

I was in Rome, the beautiful city of Italy. I wanted to go to Venice but where will I stay in there then? My sister is here. She said I came here to caused trouble which was pretty much accurate.

"Dennise Michelle..." She huffed, "I don't know what to do with you anymore."

"Sis, you don't need to do something for me. Im fine on my own."

"Yeah right. Looking at you makes me feel bad."-Justine

"Why's that?" I chuckled.

"I just feel guilty with no reason."-Justin

"Stop pitying me," I laughed and glanced at her, "Im fine okay? Move on."

"Yeah, move on your ass." Sabi niya at saka umupo sa tabi ko. Sumandal siya saakin at saka hinawakan ang kaliwang kamay ko. "Are you sure you're fine?" She asked.

I faked a laugh, "of course I am!"

"But your wound is still fresh." She squeezed my hand as if saying that I could open up to her. I mean, I know I could, but I was not ready to do it yet.

"No, no, no, Im totally fine. It's been 6 months," I said whilst staring and smiling on the piano. My delicate fingers touched and pressed every key creating a sweet melodic sound. "You're sadder than me, you know?"