Chapter Twenty-Nine

Dennise Michelle Lazaro

Kanina pa ako nakatitig sa babaeng nakatayo sa harapan ko. I checked her out, black sweat pants and a black crop top with You were born this way! Written on it. She ran her point finger on her chest, asking herself if she's going to change it or not.

"What are you thinking?" I asked the girl in front of me. She frowned. Then her eyes suddenly lit up after seeing a bruise in the middle of her chest.

Napa kagat labi ako habang nakatitig sa salamin. Hinaplos ko ang pagitan ng aking dibdib at napasimangot ng maalala ko si Alyssa. Kaninang tanghali ko lang siya nakausap at nakasama after three weeks. It was actually on purpose, kasi alam kong hindi ako makakapag concentrate sa pag aaral pag kasama ko siya.

Tumitig ako sa mga mata ko. My eyes looked fierce, baka nga isang araw matakot na rin ako sa sarili ko. I mean, I was trying, there was that emotion in my eyes that could make people look away. I think it was hard to read me, unlike Alyssa. Her eyes were descriptive, and I swear, I knew that the time I looked in her eyes. I saw her soul.

I giggled to myself as an emotion crossed my emotionless eyes. I think it's normal when you're in love. Your everything are starting to glow, to change. You could see yourself change day by day, notice everything around you. Read yourself and the person you love.

"Where are you going hun?" Mom asked when I walked in the kitchen.

The table was full of chocolate cookies, I grabbed one and ate it. "Movie night mom." I smiled.

"With Alyssa?" She winked.

"Group of friends mom. Not only her. And in fact she doesn't know that I will be there in 20 minutes."

"You did not tell her?"-Mom

"It's a surprise mom. Im hoping that this will be the first time that we're going out in public."

Mom removed her eye glasses and stared at me. "Oh.." She got a medium size container at the top drawer, "take this." She added while putting cookies in it.

"For what mom?" I asked confusedly.

"I know you guys are going somewhere far again. You need something to eat."-Mom

"Really mom?" I giggled, "Thank you anyways."

She waved her hand and sat on one of the chair. Kumuha siya ng cookie at kumagat. Nakatitig lang ako kay mommy habang kumakain siya. Then there was this motherly aura na alam kong lagi niyang dala-dala pag mag kasama kami. Para bang alam niya lahat. Kahit nararamdaman ko, pakiramdam ko alam niya din.

"Ah huh, eh hindi ba't bigla mo siyang iniwasan ng tatlong linggo ng walang dahilan? Malamang sa malamang, you guys are going to talk about it."-Mom

"Maaaa..."

"Just saying 'nak." She shrugged, "and I know you need some time together. You miss her so much, don't you?"

"No words can describe how much I miss her."

"It's amazing how you glow day by day."-Mom

"Really mom? I mean, you noticed it too?"

She walked towards me and put her hands on my shoulders. "Michelle, when you're in love you can't stop yourself from glowing. You can't hide it. No matter how you wanted to hide it in your eyes, people can still see it." She smiled, "It's amazing how your intimidating eyes turned to something soft and full of contentment. Before Alyssa came into your life, you seemed to act like you're happy in everything. Specially in school, but when she came and until now... There's a big difference. And I know, that you know."