Chapter Thirty-Two

Alyssa Dan Valdez

"Are you drunk?" Rachel asked when I sat next to her. She leaned closer to put a ribbon at my left chest. "You are not listening to me Dan. I told you not to drink anything tonight." She whispered through gritted teeth. I swallowed hard and looked at the stage where Dennise is.

"Im sorry. Kath and Daniel were the one who asked me to drink a blue water in a shot glass. I didn't know it is an alcohol."

"You should have smell it or tasted it first."-Rachel

I shrugged and turned to face her. "It's not that bad Rachel." I lied. The alcohol was already in my system. I was light headed, my body started to limp after I drank the said alcohol.

"Are you sure?" Rachel asked in a hash.

"No," I shook my head. "Can I cry now?" I asked and I could feel the tears in my eyes. Kingina. I wanted to sleep. The only thing that was running inside my head was to sleep. Sleep.

Rachel gave me a worried look. She put her right arm around my shoulders and pushed my face until I was leaning on her shoulder. "Close your eyes. I don't like you to miss this important event of your girlfriend but anyways, she'll understand." I heard her say with her soothing voice. I felt her kiss my head.

"Thanks Rachel." I murmured. After a minute I opened my eyes. I could feel myself that I was about to cry in a minute. Nothing's inside my head. I was numb. "Can you call Dennise for me?" I asked and my voice was in the brink of cracking.

"Five more minutes Dan."-Rachel

"Why?" I whined quietly.

"Because she needs to start her party!"-Rachel

"It's already starting."

Rachel sighed, "just close your eyes. I will tell you when she's ready to deal with you."

"But I want her now..."

I was lost. I wanted to cry. For some reasons I felt insane. Why do I wanted to cry? Nothing. No reasons for that. I couldn't grasp the thoughts inside my head. I am exhausted. And I hated that alcohol for making me insane in my girlfriend's birthday. Damn it!

"I think we're going to eat first. Since we all know that you drive for two hours and everyone is hungry." I heard ate Justine's voice coming from the speakers.

I could hear the people murmuring around me. The music started to reach my ears. I slightly opened my eyes and Dennise wasn't looking at me. She was walking down the stage. And I wished she's with me. I wished she's walking towards me, to comfort me. But that wishes didn't come true.

"I want her." I murmured to Rachel's shoulder.

"Dan, you're not the only one that she needs to pay attention to. She has many visitors."-Rachel

"But they're nothing compared to me."

"Selfish."-Rachel

I frowned. I closed my eyes again. And I think I fell asleep. But that didn't take long. Someone shook my shoulders and slapped me slightly on my cheeks. I opened my eyes, startled.

"What?!" I hissed as I felt the cold blood running through my veins. "I want to sleep. I hate this damn feelings!" I said.

"No. Let's go. Wether you like to stand or not, you need to walk."-Rachel

"Why? Where are we going?"

"Dan, listen to her!" I heard Ella at my side. I look at her and she's holding my arm. "Can you feel my hand?" She asked. I shook my head. "Damn! Daniel and Kath shouldn't have asked you to drink Jia's experiment."