Chapter One

The bell rung above our heads signalling us that we needed to get into our first period classes. I looked around the cafeteria as the students scattered in different directions. I watched them in amusement as they left the cafeteria in an organized four lines. It was totally different last year, where the president was an un-organized jerk. Myco Antonio, thou he graduated this year being the valedictorian of his batch.

I didn't even know why he was still here.

"Ahm tara na?" Jia pulled my arm and walked me at the back of the stage. Once we exited at the back door she let out a big puff of air, "well that was a beautiful start." I grinned at her.

"So? Ready to start this school year with heavy timetable?"

She laughed sarcastically. "Eh? I bet we'll both survive in this school year, since we had the same schedule back when we were at 10th grade." A soft smile crept onto my lips as we started walking along the hallways.

"Pero pwede pa ba nating palitan yung iba nating subjects in other periods?" Tanong niya nang huminto kami sa harapan ng gym class. I looked at her and get our schedule on her grips.

"So we have 2nd and 4th period together, huh!"

"Yeah! Exciting right? Chemistry and Religion." Sagot niya bago hilain ang yellow paper sa kamay ko. "You better go to your Function class, goodluck! I know we can do it."

"Thanks Ji, I'll see you at lunch. And to answer your question nope, you're not allowed to change any of the subjects in your timetable."

"Why?" She asked stomping her feet. "I don't like Tech Design. Im bad at computers you know." Tumitig ito saakin, "yes we're allowed to change it Dennise." She scoff making me laugh.

"Eh? Don't you dare..."

With that I left her infront of the main door. When I reached the criss cross hallway going to my first period class I looked at Jia and gave her my sweetest smile. She smiled at me nodding her head.

Jia is not part of our group of friends, since she was one of the popular students in school. Hindi naman ako sikat, thou the boy's question inside the cafeteria made me wonder too... I don't know either why i did choose to sit at the nerd's table. I should be part of the jocks and popular groups. May differences kasi ata yon, like yeah Im a popular student but i choose to be as simple as I am. Hindi ko naman siguro kailangang ibilang ang sarili ko sakanila cause I know some of them are bitches and whatever they called it.

"Watch out!" Someone yelled that made me snap my head at my right side.

"Oh my Gosh! The president!..."

"Uh oh!"

"Nah ah! Fist day na first day mapapa-office na."

Hindi ko alam kung paano nangyari yon. Ganun nga ata talaga yung sinasabi nila na pag nasa isang accidente ka parang mabilis lahat ang pangyayari. Kagaya ngayon, i didn't even know what to do, basta ang alam ko hindi ko na naigalaw ang mga paa ko para umilag sa kung sino man itong ewan na humihingal habang nakatitig sa mga mata ko.

"Valdez!"

Hearing a roar at her back made her blink twice. I noticed a drop of sweat rolling down her forehead to her left eye, then it run downs onto her cheeks. She smiled sheepishly while staring at my face.

"Im sorry." She whispered making my eyes scanned her features, her chocolate eyes gazing onto my ocean ones. Then her long straight nose, and lastly onto her pinkish lips. A cocky smile made its way on those lips when she noticed that i am staring at her. "Did I hit you hard?" She asked.