Chapter Fifty-Three

Alyssa Dan Valdez

"Good evening Danieeeeee!"-Alexa

That strange voice, I've never heard that kind of voice from Alexa not until tonight. Her voice was loud, yet its full of life and excitement. I stopped on my track a bit startled because of her sudden outburst, "ah, can you not shout? You startled me," my face was obviously epic, ugh!

"Hahaha, Im so sorry!" She apologized, I did not know how to react, to smile or to frown. I stared at her, and yes, her smiles are irritating, "where have you been? I was looking for you the whole time I came home..." She said pulling me out of my thoughts.

My mouth stayed shut at hindi ko alam kung bakit. Tumitig lang ako kay Alexa at nag isip ng pwede kong gawin or sabihin. I went home late again, it's already 11 in the evening. Maybe napatagal ang stay namin ni Ara sa park. The sun was still out around 9, so, hindi ko naman alam kung nandito pa si Dennise or wala na.

I gulped the invisible lump in my throat before turning away from Alexa. I bowed my head as I walked slowly. This time, the feelings that I thought was not there is now hurting me like a bitch. I mean! Hey, it's what I wanted... But that does not mean there was not that small point in my heart that contradicts with what I wanted.

Hindi ko na alam. Ayaw ko ba siyang mawala o hindi? Mahal ko siya, oo! Pero siya, mahal niya din ba ako? Ang sagot, oo. But there's one more question, ako ba talaga ang minahal niya or until now, si Alexa pa rin?

"Danie, anak! Alexa is talking to you..." Mom suddenly chimed in causing me to stop in the middle of the stairs. I looked at her, "what's wrong? Are you drunk, you look like you had a bad day today."

"Hahaha, no mom. Pagod lang po ako. I had volleyball practice."

"You shouldn't join volleyball then."-Mom

"Ah, it's part of my life mom, I don't want to stop."

She waved her hand dismissing me. I stared at her when she turned her back and walked towards their room. She was sighing calmly which means no stress or anything that I caused.

"Are you okay?" Asked Alex who already turned the lights off, "I am going to bed now, you look like you ate dinner already. I actually waited for you."

"For what?" Natanong ko at mabilis na humarap sakanya, "dapat natulog ka na. What's the point of waiting for me if..." I stopped on track whilst staring in her eyes. The happy and cheerful Alexa that I've seen when I got home was gone, and that's because of me. "Im sorry, my voice is loud sometimes."

"Are you mad at me though?"-Alexa

"Haha, what? No, no. Not at all."

"Are you sure?" She stubbornly asked. I nodded my head and forced a smile. Her head titled at the side and my eyes widened when I saw a single hickey at the side of her neck, "but your ears are turning red." She murmured causing me to backed away from her.

"It's cold outside Alexa." It's true that it's cold outside, and I've been cold for the whole day. "Come on, let's go to bed. Im sleepy!" I dragged her up the stairs whilst faking a yawn.

"Yes!"-Alexa

"Yeah, you better go in Aaron's room. Baka naunahan ka na naman ni Rachel."

She laughed softly before kissing my cheeks, "good night Danie. And I will tell you something tomorrow." She said and I heard how excited her voice is.

Once Alexa was inside her room, I leaned my back on my door and slowly slipped myself down onto the floor. I could not find my voice, all I did was to stare at the darkness of the house. The scene I saw when I peaked at the back door was still fresh inside my head, then there was that bright red mark on Alexa's neck.