Chapter Fifty-Two

Alyssa Dan Valdez

The sun escaped the white and blue sky, it appeared suddenly, putting colours in an empty space. I sighed as the wind blew in such a gentle breeze. It hit my face making me shut my eyes. The fragrance of the blooming flowers hit my nostrils, I smiled. I could barely define the emotions I was feeling right then. My chest heaved up and down in a calm low pace, I just woke up and yet things were occupying my empty mind.

The door creaked open revealing what I called am unreal reality. She stared at me with a frown, I could feel her raging emotions causing me to flinch on my spot. Our identical eyes met. I grinned when she started walking towards me. The cold morning breeze hits my face again and I almost laughed when Alexa shivered because of the cold wind.

"Are you fucking serious Danie?!" She half yelled before reaching for the slide window. She shut it closed, "I am still sleeping! What do you think I am? Im not a winter person!"

"Geez it's not winter yet. It's not that cold Alexa."

"Oh yeah!" She sarcastically rolled her eyes, "go back to sleep!"

"But the sun is out."

She pointed at the clock, it reads 6:30 in the morning. I looked up at the sky, it's amazing how bright up above and yet it's too early to come out.

Alexa made it's way out of the door again leaving me alone in my room. Silence swirled around me and it spreads out, occupying every empty space. I opened the window as being stubborn was one of my traits since I was born. I loved noise, it occupies my empty mind. I loved the feeling of the cold breeze of the wind hitting my face.

"Argh, Danie..." Alexa groaned when she opened the door harshly.

I laughed, "oh come on Alexa, it's not that bad."

She pouted her lips whilst walking with a blanket hugging her petite figure. She was barely dragging her feet towards my bed. The bed sunk when she laid down, still frowning. I scooted next to her.

"How's your sleep?" She murmured under her breath.

Alexa, my twin sister. All of my expectation was wrong. She's the sweetest girl I've ever known. But unlike Rachel, her sweetness is totally different. Beyond sisterly sweetness and yet it stays there.

She's my complete opposite. She's quiet too, she talks when she needed to, be funny when there are times that everything seemed serious. I don't know if it runs in our blood, but Alexa loves to sing and play instruments. She's a mom but you couldn't barely say it. She understand things, have a view of everything, and... It scares me that I could see Dennise in her personality.

Yesterday was quiet fun. I spend half of my night with Dennise. I know it's funny how we made love again in unexpected time. She was stressed and I was too. Being with her and having her by my side was a great relief. It brushes everything in my head. Then she gave me one again to think.

"Good." I answered after a long pause, "so what are you suppose to tell me last night?"

A happy smile made it's way to her lips, "I think I am okay now." She said before fluttering her eyes open.

"Good to know, just tell me when you needed someone to talk to." I offered, she's my sister and it's better if we become best friends too.

She nodded her head. I shut my eyes slowly and tried sleeping again, but then Dennise's question rung inside my head why don't you ask yourself? I don't know what she was talking about, but it has something to do with me attending their school. It was not me, it was this girl who was breathing peacefully beside me.