Chapter Thirty-Eight

Dennise Michelle Lazaro

"Oh? Bakit nakasimangot ka?" Takang tanong ni Beatrice nang makaupo na siya sa tabi ko.

I didn't bother to answer her. My eyes were locked on the burning woods in front of us. Wala na naman ako sa mood. Two weeks na akong wala sa mood. Paanong hindi ako mawawala sa mood kung oras oras at araw araw nalang namimiss ko siya?

Alam mo yung nakakabwisit? Yun yung akala mo masasanay ka, but why was it feels like Im torturing myself? Im dead. I feel dead.

"Tawagan mo na kasi."-Ella

"No."

"Why not?" Sabad na tanong ni Amy. I looked at her and next to the fire again. I sighed. "You're starting to have wrinkles on your forehead na!"

"Oo nga sis! Baka ampangit mo na sa kasal namin!"-Kuya Justin

"Im just tired." Pangiti kong sagot at saka bumuntong hininga.

I thought I would be alright. Waking up in the morning pretending that everything will be fine didn't help me at all. In fact it taught me how to hide my true feelings from the people around me. Ella noticed it a week later but I don't know what was happening to me.

Yes, I know it would be over soon. But really, it was killing me! Thinking about the fact that Alyssa Dan's too far away from me. I mean, okay lang naman if nasa kabilang bahay lang siya diba? Kaso hindi eh.

"You're always tired. Umamin ka na kasi, you misses Alyssa Dan Valdez." Ate Justine said and nudged me on my side. "Come on sis, be strong. Two months will be over soon." She added. I opened my mouth to say something but was cut off by Beatrice's phone.

"Okay. Im sorry, but I need to answer this!"-Beatrice

"Stay here." Mabilis kong sabi ng akma sana siyang tatayo.

"Babe..."-Beatrice

"Don't give me that attitude again Beatrice."

"Fine!" She sat on the sand again with her annoyed face. I rolled my eyes and leaned my head on her shoulder. "I'll be Alyssa Dan Valdez for tonight." Then she wrapped her arms around me.

"But you don't feel like Alyssa Dan."

"Not look like her either!"-Ella

Amy pointed her stick at Beatrice. "But you are acting like her!" She said. "I could see that you are her replica!"

"Kaboses niya din!"-Kuya Justin

"Not really babe. No offence but Alyssa Dan's voice is manlier than hers!"-Sandy

Napaayos ako ng upo at saka tumitig kay Beatrice. Her phone was on her left ear kaya hindi ko naririnig ang kabilang linya. She was whispering with a huge smile on her face. I shook my head and kissed her cheeks.

"Maddie?"

She nodded her head. "Dennise Michelle, don't you think it's time for you to call your second mom?" Mom asked from the door. Napatango ako at tumayo. "Im talking about Mrs. Valdez hun!"

"Aww mom! Boto ka talaga kay Alyssa Dan?"-Ate Justine

"Obviously. Even si dad!"-Kuya Justin

"Ako hindi." Sabad ni Beatrice. Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay. "Kasi pag nandito siya wala ka ng time for me." She said pouting her lips.

"It's not like pag nandito si Maddie may time ka pa rin saakin!"

Tumawa sila Amy at Ella kaya napasimangot na ng tuluyan si Beatrice. Lagi siyang binubully ng dalawa. At kung sino pinambubully nila? Ako or si Maddie. Speaking of the girl with the name Maddie, she's Beatrice's bestfriend. Na meet ko na rin siya, and heck! I wish Alyssa Dan was with me.