Chapter Fourteen

"Nak! Eye glasses mo!" I heard my mom's loud voice coming from the house. My right foot immediately stepped on the break of my car and looked outside. I groaned at myself when I saw my mom holding my eye glasses. Makakalimutin. "Bakit ka ba nagmamadali? Are you afraid to receive a late slip?."

"Ma. You don't understand." I replied sprinting away from her after I put my eye glasses on. I brushed my fingers on my hair while looking in my front mirror. I sighed. "Damn alarm clock."

As I drove my way out of the driveway I looked above the sky and sighed. It was a beautiful day. There was no patch of white clouds in the dark blue sky. The strong colour of the sun reached my eyes making me blinked twice. My fingers tapped the stirring wheel as I stopped on the red light.

While looking around the street, I remembered the cd that my sister asked me to bring with me. She said there is only one song in it, an old song from the Philippines. Based on what I heard from her, it is her favourite song.

I looked at the back seat and reached for my bag. I got the cd out and put it on my car's cd player. Nang maisaksak ko iyon ay saka naman umusad ang traffic. The next lane was empty kaya mabilis akong nakarating ng school. The parking lot was pretty empty. Then suddenly I frowned at myself when I realized that I forgot to press the play button.

I jerked on my seat when three loud knocks was heard from the window beside me. My eyes looked out only to blocked by a red shiny belt. Her familiar delicate fingers were squeezing both sides of her waist. Naisipan ko ng ibaba ang bintana ko at tumingin sakanya.

"Good morning D." I grinned widely.

Den groaned and stomped her feet. "Im alone. I need someone to be with me in my office." I laughed at her frowning face. "Come on, A. I was waiting for Ella 30 minutes ago pero wala pa siya. Can't you believe that? Sabi niya gagawa kami ng Functions Homework. But she didn't..."

I opened my door gently and afraid to hit her body. "Relax. Stop ranting. Im here." Sabi ko at naglakad papunta sa passenger's seat. I got my bag out and turned to face her,

"Thank you for coming early."-Den

"Well akala ko kasi someone's being stupid towards you again." I smiled. "Saka I told you before one call away lang ako."

Ngumiti siya saakin at hinalikan ako sa pisngi. "Thank you A. I appreciated it."

"What are bestfriends for?" Tanong ko. Napasimangot ito kaya iniba ko. "Girlfriend pala."

"Hmm.." She grabbed my hand and started to walk. "Nobody's inside the school yet, kaya we can be mad together whatever we want."

Napangiti lang ako at sumunod nga sakanya. The school is deserted, which was creepy. Para kaming nasa haunted mansion because all we heard is our foot steps together. Add the cold air coming from the ac's.

"The school is not haunted right?" Tanong ko when I saw how dark the hallways were. She looked above her shoulders and shrugged.

"Not really. Why? Are you scared of darkness?"-Den

I nodded my head. Tumawa ito ng mahina at hinila na ako patungo sa office niya. It was at the other end of the hallway coming from the main entrance which meant we were going to walk at the dark part of the hallway.

When we get in the middle of the dark I heard Dennise's soft laugh. She squeezed my hand as if telling me that I had a company. I had her. She was with me. But not when she removed her hand from mine and looked for her keys. I scooted next to her and hugged her from behind. My face was hidden at her back.

"Open the door."

"No. You open it for me."-Den

"What?" I asked in confusion as I felt my hand filled with two keys.