Chapter Five

Dennise Michelle Lazaro

Habang nakatitig sa labas ay hindi ko maiwasang sulyapan ang babaeng kanina pa nakayuko habang nakasandal sa pader ng school. I shook my head when I saw her hands on both side of her pants. Hindi nalang ako nagsalita, hindi ko din pinahalatang kanina ko pa siya inoobserbahan.

"Bakit mo siya sinampal?" Justine asked me after she dropped her right arm around my shoulders. I glanced at her and smiled. "She's not her Dennise." She whispered making me turn my gaze at the pouring rain.

I nodded my head understanding what she meant. "A! let's go." I called Alyssa after Justine left us on the hallways. She looked up at me with a deep frown on her face.

"Aren't you going to say sorry?"

Shaking my head I stretched my hand for her to intertwined with hers. "You deserve it A."

"No. I didn't even do anything bad to you."

"Yes you did!"

She frowned and didn't say anything. I find her amusing every time she's looking on the floor with her pouty lips. She looked like a lost dog while looking for her owner.

"Do you like Mark?" She asked suddenly. We stopped from walking as I dropped my keys on the floor. She immediately picked it up and looked in my eyes. "You guys are cute together." She grinned.

Then it was my turn to frown. "Yes, I like him. And hate him at the same time." I answered truthfully. Her smiles showed me how plastic she is, and I frowned deeply as I saw her dimple at her both cheeks. Her face reminds me of someone, my first love. While examining her features I almost cried because of the memories running inside my head.

"Bagay kayo." She said pulling me off of my thoughts. "I mean, gwapo siya! Maganda ka! Tapus sikat siya, sikat ka din. Matalino din ata yon, plus! Talented pa."

Hindi nalang ako sumagot at hinila siya ulit para makapag lakad na kami. Habang naglalakad ay humihigpit ang kapit ko sa kamay niya. Siya na ata kasi yung pangalawang babaeng nakilala kong napakaganda pero ubod naman ng daldal. Isama mo pang kung ano ano naman sinasabi niya.

Nang marating na namin ang gym ay siyang pag alis ng anim na school bus dala ang mga estudyanteng gusto ng matulog sa sahig. Kasama na don ang aking mga kaibigan. Thou Jia didn't go with them, since her mom was going to fetch her.

"D, nakikinig ka ba?" Alyssa asked me after getting our bags from the floor. I nodded my head thou she didn't believe me. She shook her head. "You know, I was talking and talking and talking... Pero Hindi ka pala nakikinig."

"Ah-huh?" I gave her a puzzled look. "I mean I was actually listening but I wasn't paying attention. Am I making sense at all?"

"Nope. And yes."

"What?"

"Does my answer make sense too?" She joked giving me a sweet smile which turned into a frown immediately. "Geez! You're such a meanie!"

"I'm sorry." I laughed pulling her hands and hugged her. Her body stiffened on mine when I crossed the space between us. "Alam mo A? Antagal tagal na nating nagyayakapan ganyan pa rin reaction mo. Like really? Loosen up!"

Hindi siya kumibo at mabilis akong tinulak palayo. I glared at her when I felt the cold wall at my back. Glaring angrily at her I smashed my bag on her body which she immediately caught with her shaky hands.

"Bumabawi Lang ako. Tama na! Sadista mo naman eh!" Tumatawang sabi niya. Hindi ako tumigil kaya wala na siyang nagawa kundi ang hawakan ang magkabilang kamay ko at ipasandal ulit ako sa pader.