Chapter Thirty-Three

Alyssa Dan Valdez

Kinakabahan ako. Hindi ko alam kung bakit -_-. Pwede ba yun? Pero shempre joke lang 'yon. Alam ko talaga dahilan. Nakakaloka. Kanina sobrang sakit at gaan ng ulo ko, ngayon naman sobrang bigat at kung ano ano nang pumapasok sa utak ko. Loko pala yung dalawang lecheng bata kanina. They said they put powdered weed in my glass. The heck! Right?

Though the amazing thing about the pills was that it actually worked. I feel normal again, and I hope what I'm doing right now is normal too. I don't want to wake up in the morning without a single memory of this night.

I was currently sitting next to Mika. We were watching Dennise dancing with her father. Mr. Lazaro was her last dance which was actually what I wanted for her. Nung una kasi they said kuya Justine would be her last dance, though ampangit naman nun. Dapat yung daddy ang last. At least they're going to spend their time together at the last part. So ang ending, si kuya Justine ang first dance niya.

"Didn't Mr. Lazaro notice Dennise's kiss mark?" Mika asked with a smirk. She shook her head when I glanced at her. "I did not believe Ella that you guys are the wildest. But now, I finally understand." She took a sip on her wine.

I smiled widely. "It's not like you and Kiefer are not like us."

"No. Not really. Minsan lang. Not always."-Mika

"But still... You guys acts like us."

Mika laughed. She leaned her head at my shoulder causing me to pull myself down. Once the song finally stopped I saw Dennise bit her lip. Her dad suddenly looked at my direction. Our eyes met. Shivers run through my spinal cord. My hands started to sweat and my heart were beating fast and hard.

"Im sorry last night. Iniwan kita."-Mika

"Hey! It's okay. Don't apologize, it was no ones fault." I answered with my nervous voice. Napabalikwas ako sa upuan ko ng maglakad palapit sa pwesto ko ang daddy ni Dennise.

"I still feel sorry. Kasi, you were drunk and I am sensing that you slept with someone the other night." Mika shrugged carelessly.

I breathed out. Straightened my back as I gripped my hands on my thighs. "No! Im serious. It's okay..." Sabi ko ulit at mabilis na lumingon kay Mika ng tumigil ang daddy ni Dennise sa harapan ko.

Yung puso ko. Gusto ng kumawala. Ayoko ng humarap. Pero wala akong magagawa. Hindi ko na itatanong kung anong dapat kong gawin, dahil kanina palang... Wala na akong alam gawin kundi ang kabahan ng walang dahilan. May dahilan! Ayoko lang alalahanin! Maloloka ako. Pero paano ko hindi pwedeng alalahanin yan eh... Nasa harapan ko na siya? So.

"Why are you sweating?"-Mika

"Huh?"

"You are sweating..." She smiled before looking up at the man in front of us. "Hi tito! Good evening po!" Bati niya.

"Good evening Mika."-Mr. Lazaro

His voice was not mad or serious. It was soft and gentle. I saw his feet close to mine. He cleared his throat as I stared at his foot. Then slowly, I looked up at him. I smiled sheepishly.

"Hello po!" Nahihiyang bati ko. Yung boses ko, sobrang hina. Pakiramdam ko'y mahihimatay ako ng de oras. "Ay! Nawawashroom po ako! Saglit..." Dagdag ko at tumayo sa upuan ko. Akma sana akong maglalakad palayo pero napatigil din ako ng hawakan niya ako sa braso.

"My answer is yes. And this will be the first and last that I will tell you this..." He said making me gulp the invisible lump in my throat. He pulled me on my shoulders. He leaned at my left ear making me look at Dennise's worried eyes. "Try to hurt my daughter and I will definitely cut your throat." His firm and serious voice sends chills to my bones.