Chapter Twenty-Three

Dennise Michelle Lazaro

"Tayo na."

"You're my girlfriend now?" She confusedly asked scratching the back of her head. I nodded my head causing her to pout her lips. "Isn't it too fast? I didn't court you yet."

"Do you really need to?"

"In the Philippines we make ligaw. Harana." She replied causing me to close my eyes because of my throbbing head. "Why? Didn't somebody told you about that?"

I shook my head with a pout. "So you're rejecting me then? You don't want me to be your girlfriend?" Little didn't I know, the questions inside my head slipped out from my mouth.

"Are you that desperate to be my girl?"-Alyssa

"Are you that stupid not to ask me to be your girl?"

I heard her gasp in shock. I barely opened my eyes and saw her looking at me with a slight pain written in her eyes. "Did you call me stupid?" She whispered.

"You heard me."

"But... But..."-Alyssa

"But what? I was just wondering why you haven't ask me the question yet."

"Talaga lang Dennise ah! Ikaw pa talaga nag sabi niyan." Ella said from the other bed. "Ganyan ba epekto ng alak sayo? Nakakaloka ka. Ke aga aga, yan bungad mo kay Alyssa?"

"Pag mulat palang ng mata niya, yun na nasabi niya." Fille interrupted and I felt a soft pillow hit my bum. "You're being demanding Dennise. Can't you wait until she has the courage to ask the question?"

I sighed. "Im sorry. My head is still light, so I think my brain is still missing at this moment." I answered trying to get my eyes into a sleep.

"Mag usap na nga muna kayo."-Ella

"Like you need the whole day to be in your own world guys. Don't give us shits again!" Fille spatted and I heard them walking out the door.

The other side of the bed suddenly sunk making me roll on the spot. I smelled Alyssa's scent. It was like the Spring soap mandarine flavour.

"Aren't you ready to get up yet?"-Alyssa

"I don't need to get up in this early hour of the day."

"Wow! 3 in the afternoon is still early for you?" She chuckled.

I frowned to myself and hugged my left arm onto her body. I snuggled into her arms and tried to sleep but couldn't make it. Alyssa sooth me, giving me familiar comfort with her touch.

"A, why don't you ask me the question yet?"

"Because I told you. I want to make ligaw."-Alyssa

"Pinanood mo lang ata yung kay Erich at Mario eh. That line of yours is familiar."

"Crazy little thing called love?" She asked with her chin on the top of my head.

"No! Ano ba yan A!"

"Hahaha. Im joking. Is it the movie entitled Suddenly it's Magic?"-Alyssa

"Yeps. How could you forget about that?"

"Well, I have seen it ones, so maybe, it's not my type."-Alyssa

I face palmed myself mentally and sighed physically. Ano nga bang sasabihin ko sakanya? Sasabihin ko na kaya? Though, Im not sure yet! Hindi naman siguro isang gabi ko lang na narealize yon. I didn't know what to say. All I could think about was to be her girlfriend so that I would give her rules about not kissing any other girls other than me.