Chapter Fifty-Five

Alyssa Dan Valdez

I could not sleep last night. Sinubukan ko naman eh! Kaso hindi talaga ako makatulog. Parang sa pag iisip ko about sa sinabi ni Alexa, I tried my best to ignore or to forget it but my heart does not want to calm the fuck down.

Today is Sunday. My parents wanted us to have a family day, specially with Aaron. This tradition started when Alexa and Aaron joined our family circle. Both mom and dad wanted us to have Sundays off. Which means everyone should be in the house, having fun and all.

"Natulog ka kagabi o hindi?" Asked mom giving me a tell-me-the-truth-or-I-will-kill-you-look. She even crossed her arms on her chest, I scratched the back of my head, "you better fix yourself before going out. You look like a mess," she said before leaving me alone inside my room.

"Mom, can we talk?"

She stopped at the door, "talk about what Alyssa Dan?"

"Stop calling me with my full name. Call me Alyssa or Dan, not the whole thing." I groaned, It annoys me. Ang haba na nga ng name ko gustong gusto pa nilang banggitin. Pwedeng nickname nalang?

Mom leaned at the frame of the door, "what's bothering you 'nak? Tell me," she said and I looked up to meet her gazes. She nod her head, "Alexa?"

"Am I doing the right decision though? I feel like I made things worse..."

Yas, alam ni mommy. Madaldal si Rachel, I mean, close lang talaga sila, kaya open si Rachel sakanya. Even Alexa, ako lang talaga yung naiiba. I tell things if I think I need an advice or I need help. But Im not comfortable on saying things out loud specially when it comes to my personal life. Hindi naman yung everyday sasabihin ko lahat ng nangyayari saakin.

Mom sighed whilst staring at me, "well you already decided hun. I know you thought about it before you've done it, right?" She paused when I said nothing, "we did not know that your Dennise was Alexa's girlfriend. You did not know about it until you comfirmed that she really was."

"Mom enough with the story... Im done with it. Ayoko na."

"The story is not clear inside your head hun, and you're concluding things already. Why don't you think about it all first? Hindi yung you'll jump into conclusions after knowing a little bit of it."-Mommy

"But I don't like to hear the whole thing, nakakatamad."

"Nakakatamad o nakakasakit?" Mom chuckled. I frowned, they really knows how to hurt my feelings, tsk. "Tell me what you know," said mom and sat at the end of my bed.

I shrugged, "Dennise was Alexa's girlfriend, Alexa is my twin sister, the problem is, Dennise is my girlfriend." Did I say it right though? I think I did, my mom doesn't look like she's confused.

"You are still claiming her as yours, huh?"-Mom

"Mom!"

"Hahaha. I thought you broke up? Kaya napunta ulit siya kay Alexa?" Biro niya kaya sinamaan ko siya ng tingin. She shook her head whilst amusingly laughing, "want me to give you an advice?"

"Yeah."

"Tell me the story first."-Mommy

"I don't know the story!" I hissed earning a slap from my mom. I rubbed the sore part on my arm whilst pouting my lips, "meanie." Masakit manampal si mommy, Kaloka.

She motioned me to start talking pero hindi ako nagsalita, "gusto mong kurutin kita para magsalita? O gusto mong sampalin ulit kita?" Tanong nito at alam kong hindi siya nagbibiro.

"Yun na nga po kasi yung storya ma!"

"Conclusion mo iyon! Summary 'nak! Gusto ko detalye."-Mommy