Chapter Twenty-Two

Once the dark spread through out the sky, we gathered around the bone fire. Laughters filled our circle once the cold wind hit us. We stared at the burning fire while spreading our fingers close to it. Everybody was silent, relaxing our muscles after enjoying the water for 3 hours in the middle of the ocean.

I jerked on my sit when Mika turned to face me. "You're beautiful." She whispered with a smile. Her face was so close, our lips were inch apart causing me to pull myself away from her.

My eyes looked around to check if somebody heard it, but no one. "Thank you. You're beautiful as yourself Mika." I returned the same gesture.

Once I looked back at the fire, our hands suddenly brushed together. I snapped to look at her and grinned when I saw her grinning at our joined hands.

"Isn't it weird?"-Mika

"Weird what?"

She sighed, "that by hanging out with you guys, Im starting to feel this weird feelings towards you." She chuckled and looked away.

"Really? Can you explain that weird feelings of yours?" I asked, feeling interested with Mika's sudden boldness.

Usually Mika was the quietest among the group. She wasn't open. If it's her thing, it's her thing. That's why most of us doesn't like to talk to her with personal stuffs, it annoys her.

"Can't explain it." She shrugged.

I nodded my head in understanding. We became quiet again as Ella started to open the marshmallows, hotdogs, crackers, cup noodles and readied the pans and other things that we were going to use for cooking.

"So what are we going to cook first?" She asked.

Fille stand on her feet and helped the latter. "I suggest we need to eat dinner first. Before dessert." Then everyone agreed except me.

"I want the chocolate crackers and mallows."

"She wants to get fat."-Michelle

"I want mores too." Jia interrupted earning a frown from Michelle. I giggled to myself after seeing their cuteness. They were actually quarrelling since yesterday, which was surprising cause until now they were still not okay.

"Why don't we have barbecues and sausages first? Plus cup noodles and bread?" Alyssa suggested. Her sweet full voice send chills to my bones.

My body shivered from both Alyssa's voice and the cold wind that keeps on brushing my skin. "Are you cold?" Mika asked wrapping her arms around me.

I nodded my head, "I feel like the warmth of the fire isn't enough." I leaned my head on her chest and embraced the warmth coming from her.

"Body heat." She chuckled.

Once I feel relaxed in Mika's embrace someone cleared their throat; it was Ella and Jia. I rolled my eyes on Alyssa when I saw her frowning while looking at the fire. She glanced at me, and when our eyes met she immediately looked away. I swallowed the invisible lump in my throat.

"So what now? Barbecue and sausage?" She asked.

"Yes. Then after that chocolates and mallows na tayo. Since Bang and the rest wanted it so badly." Ara said.

We settled of having sausages, barbecues and cup noodles for dinner. It was like we were having a night camp outside the cottage. Mika was no longer by my side when she decided to help Alyssa on the cooking stuffs. Most of us stayed around the fire. Ara and Bang were sitting together, Ella and Amy were playing cards, Michelle and Jia kept on scowling and frowning at each other while me and Fille were leaning at each other.