Chapter Three

"My day?..." I smiled widely. "Well one word to describe my day, you guess." Umikot ako sa upuan ko at tinignan isa isa ang mga studyanteng nakatingin saakin. "Any guesses how's my day was?" I asked them again.

"Based from your smile, it looks like you had a perfect day." A girl wearing cherry earrings made my smile wider.

"Perfect day," Sagot ko habang nakatingin sa sahig. Everything happened that day played inside my head like a movie. I opened my mouth to add something but someone interrupted that made me snap my head at my right side.

"To start the school year." She smiled on herself, looking on the ground while playing her own fingers.

"Excuse me?" I laughed. "It feels like you're reading my mind... What's your name?" Tinitigan ko lang siya, I knitted my brows as she didn't speak. "Ok, you... Yes you cherry girl, what's your name?"

"Xylene Evans." She smiled.

"Nice name. Perfect!" I blurted out. Ngumiti lang ito saakin, ngiting nahihiya. "How's your day Xylene?" Tanong ko at napansin na nag angat na ng mukha yung babae kanina. I keep my eyes on Xylene as she stared back at me.

"I guess it's fine?" She answered, unsure of her answer. "It's... It was totally different back from my old school." Tumingin ito saakin at may isang patak ng luha ang nahulog sa kaliwang mata niya. Ngumiti ito saakin habang pinupunasan ang mukha niya. "Did you feel alone when you got here too?" She asked.

Tumayo ako sa upuan ko at nilapitan siya. I pulled her hands on mine and hugged her, burying her face on my stomach. I let her cry on me as Ella started to talk on my behalf.

"Ssshhh... You're not alone Xy." I shushed her. Lumuhod ako sa harapan niya at pinunasan ang mukha niya. "I know it's hard to adjust, but I promise we'll do this together." I looked around the room. "Look at them, they're all new comers too. They're adjusting like you Xylene,"

"But it's hard." She whimpered.

I closed my eyes as I met her painful eyes. I hugged her tightly and closed my eyes. This is what I needed to deal with, we were currently in our Multi Cultural club. Lucky us all the members are all Filipinos, well most of the fifty members. Fifteen to twenty of them are Chinese, mostly asians.

"So my name is Mika Reyes and I will be the leader of this club, since Fille is going to handle the Volleyball and sports club. Ella is in the breakfast club, Jia and Michelle is in the dance-troop club, Shiela Marie "Bang" Pineda is in the arm forces club, and Dennise is in the Academics club since she's the top student in this school."

Nang marinig ko ang boses ni Mika ay lumayo ako ng kaunti kay Xylene. I wiped her face again and smiled when I saw her smiles. Kahit pilit okay lang, at least she's smiling now. Unlike kanina, mukha talaga siyang binagsakan ng langit at lupa. Im not even surprise na malungkot ang karamihan sakanila. Mahirap mag adjust sa bansang hindi mo naman kinalakhan, lalo na at sobrang laki ng diperensya ng dalawa.

While Mika and my friends are in the middle, I walked out quietly and squatted on the floor. I believe that my friends can run a club without me, I just need to do all the papers works that they needed to do. Instructions and whatever activities that will make the new comers feel welcome in our school. Lucky us my dad approved that Im just going to stay on one club, he put me on the academic club which is fun. Ayaw naman kasi nung mga kaibigan ko don. They wanted those out door clubs.

"Ate Den, can we meet your sister?" Someone asked that made me snap my head. I looked around and saw a girl with a sly smirk.

"Why do you like to meet my sister?"

"Because she's hot." Sa hindi ko malamang dahilan ay tumawa ako ng mahina. I shook my head and opened my mouth to say no but they all looked at me.