Chapter Fifty-Four

Alyssa Dan Valdez

Nagising ako sa kwarto kung saan wala akong marinig kundi ang ingay sa labas. The window was open, the wind was blowing the white curtains making it sway forward in my room. I sneezed the air and it smells like drugs and hospital. I looked sideways, no one's with me. I was alone.

"No you're not alone..."

"Holy shit!" I cursed under my breath. I hold onto my chest before trailing my eyes at the end of the bed.

Dennise yawned lazily whilst leaning her cheeks on her palms. She faced me, "how are you?" I could hear the exhaustion on her voice, her eyes were even barely open. "Want some water babe?" She asked softly.

My head throbbed but I did not let it get into me. I offered my hand, she looked at it for a second, "I want a hug." I said almost a whisper. My body demanded for a hug, I wanted to feel her onto mine, "I missed you."

Chuckling, Dennise stand on her feet, intertwined our fingers before pulling me into a sitting position. She sat on the bed, her face was close on mine causing me to feel the butterflies in my stomach, our nose were barely touching and the warmth of her breath was brushing onto my lips.

"Are you going to die now?"-Dennise

"Mean."

"Then stop talking like your condition worser than a dying person!"-Dennise

"But I am not!"

"Oh really? How about you sit on your own, and your I missed you sounded like you haven't eaten for days," she mimicked my voice whilst rolling her eyes, I pouted my lips.

"So meaaaan!"

"Don't mean me Dan! I wanted an explanation from you!" She stand on her feet and pointed at me with a deathly glare, "I have many questions to ask, honest answers are accepted."

"How about lies, are those accepted too?"

"Yes! But do your best to talk like you are not lying, alright?!"-Dennise

Oh my god! Her voice was so loud. I hate it when Dennise is mad, because it makes her hotter and sexier and I don't know if I could concentrate in anything. By just hearing her alluring voice makes me think about naughty things, but not now.

"Water..."

"What's the use of your feet?!" She spatted titling her head to look at me, she glared and I sighed, "do your things now Valdez, I wanted your full attention here."

"But Im not feeling well!"

"The doctor said you are fine. You were just nervous and heck, that's why you passed out."-Dennise

"See? I might pass out again if you keep on using that mad voice on me. It makes me..."

"Shut up! You're already used to it. One more thing, I am mad at you!"-Dennise

I closed my eyes slapping myself mentally, "hayts!" That feeling when you can't do anything but do what she wanted because you know that it's the right thing to do. And you're doing it because.., you are afraid that she might really get mad and all. I-stressin ko na naman siya, huwag na! Because I know, the next coming days will be more stressful.

"Why the fuck were you nervous?!" Asked Dennise before my bum even touched my bed. She raised an eye brow when I just stared at her with trembling knees and hands.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?!"-Dennise

"Because I don't know..." I murmured whilst playing my fingers.