Chapter Six Part 2

Começar do início

“Why do you guys have to do that?” Alex suppresses a cough.

I don’t think it’s that bad. But then again I’m used to it.

“Stop being a baby Alex,” Violet teases. She smiles up at him her usual cute, flirty smile.

He reddens and turns back to his book.

Levi checks his cell phone. “It’s eleven already. Can’t they just leave?”

I’ve been dying to go downstairs for the past few hours. I’m not even sure why, but I can’t stand being cooped up in Levi’s room all night. I would kill for another drink. Maybe, I could sneak off?

“I’m going to use the bathroom.” I head for the door and just turn the knob.

“Willow,” Levi says in a sing song voice, “did you forget I have a bathroom in here?”

Shit. Think, think quick! I need to get out of here.

“Uh, I was going to grab an Aspirin from the kitchen. You know headache?” I pointed to my head like an idiot.

He sighs and leans back.

One I didn’t fool though. Alex looks up from his book and raises and eyebrow at me. A cocky grin comes across his lips.

I purse my lips and head out the door, shutting it behind me.

Kids from practically every school lurk in the hallways of the Dalton household. Every few corners there’s either someone making out or someone passed out.

Like I’ve said before, IT’S A FREAKING MONDAY!

I zip down the hallway and push my way into the kitchen.

Katie lies across the kitchen counter as Brian and Devon do body shots on her. It’s too disgusting to watch.

Out on the patio by the pool, Amber takes turn making out with guys.

The music booms as people dance and dance up on people.

Surprisingly, Jessie isn’t involved in any of this. He sits on the far end on the patio; feet in pool while slowly nursing his untouched beer.

He catches my eye and smiles. He waves me over, “Baby doll!”

Should I go? Should I turn away? Levi told me not to get involved with him, but…it’s not like anything’s going to happen. Right?

I hesitantly walk over to where he’s sitting. “I’m surprised you aren’t wasted by now.” I plop down next to him on the concrete.

He lets out a small laugh. “I’m not in the mood for that tonight baby doll.”

I shiver at the nickname. I take a deep breath and close my eyes.

“Why do you call me that?” I ask not looking at him.

“I don’t know. I’ve always called you that.” He moves his feet around in the pool. “I think it was because you were always so small and…cute.” He offers a smile.

I nervously chuckle. “I have another question.”

He turns to face me, “Are we playing twenty questions?” He gives a cocky grin. “I love playing the question game.”

I slap him in the bicep, “You wish.”

He shakes his head, “Okay baby doll, how ‘bout this. For every question you ask me, you have to answer a question of my own. Fair?”

I pause for a moment before deciding. “Sure.”

“Okay then,” he nudges me, “what’s your question?”

I exhale, “Why are you choosing now to be nice to me?”

He takes a tiny sip from his beer and runs his hand through his hair. “Haven’t we already been over this?”

“Yes, but you didn’t give me a good answer.”

He takes a breath and looks intently into my eyes.

Wow. Those light brown eyes are sure enticing.

“I’ve realized that I’m….incomplete without you in my life.”

I widen my eyes.

He shrugs and continues, “I was a jerk to drop you as a friend like that. Now that I’ve gotten to know you again, I’ve realized that I miss you.”

I open my mouth but nothing comes out. I’m too awestruck for words.

Jessie misses me? Is this the real Jessie?

“Why? Why would you miss me? I’m nothing like you. You hate me?”

“First of all, I don’t hate you. I care about you…a lot. Second I miss you because you were my best friend Willow. Imagine not talking to Levi for years.” He puts his hand on top of mine.

Holy crap!

I pull away, “Then why did you drop me in the first place? If I was your best friend, why did you stop talking to me?”

This time he takes a longer swig of his beer, “It’s my turn now baby doll. You were only supposed to ask one question.”

Don’t worry I’ll get it out of him.

I sigh, “Fine.”

He smiles satisfied, “Why do you hate me so much?”

“I would ask you the same thing, but I guess you’ve changed.”

“Answer the question baby doll.”

I contemplate. Why do I hate him?

“Well, I think it’s more confusion than hate,” I fiddle with my thumbs. “You’re a very confusing guy Jessie.” I offer a small smile up at him.

Jessie grabs my hand again, but this time I don’t resist. “Willow, I’m sorry, about everything. I was such an ass for leaving you hanging. I would really like to make it up to you.”

I know what you could do to make it up to me. Jesus Willow, get a grip!

“Willow,” he says waking me out of my day dream, “I want my best friend back.”

Tears threaten to fall from my eyes. I’ve never felt so wanted in my entire life. Everyone I’ve ever lost in my life has never come back before.

He wipes my eyes with his thumbs. “Don’t cry baby doll.” He pulls me into his arms and I rest my head against his firm chest.

I inhale his wonderful scent. After a few moments I look up to him, “I’m sorry.” I sort of laugh and wipe my eyes. My black eye makeup covers my hands. “Dammit. I probably look like one of those whores you sleep with.” I stick my tongue out at him teasingly.

“Now that’s the Willow I know. Beautiful, funny, and free.” He cups my face and brings it closer to his. Inches apart we look intently into each other’s eyes.

Just as he begins to close the small distance between us, pool water splashes us.

Whoever’s cannonball that was, it was surely powerful.

“What the hell man!” Jessie shakes his head like a dog and water flies everywhere.

Alex emerges from the water. Whilst giving Jessie a stare, “Sorry to ruin your little party, but Willow,” he looks to me, “we need to talk.”

REMEMBER, 5 VOTES AND 5 COMMENTS FOR THE NEXT UPLOAD!!!