Chapter 35: Please don't leave me

Jill's POV

I don't know for how long I ran, trying to put as much distance as I could between me and my brother. I turned several times and always took ways he couldn't follow by car. I didn't know the city much to keep on randomly running like this, and it wouldn't take long for Steve to find me. I needed a plan.

I had texted Zeth telling him what had happened and I was hoping he'd come up with a place I could hide. Like I said before, there's no way they'll drag me back to Boston... alive at least.

I felt my heart hit my throat when suddenly blue and red lights blinded me. I jumped backwards holding my phone tight against my chest while my brain was working ten times faster to figure out what was going on. It only took for these people to come out the cars for me to realize what went down. Steve called for backups.

-Jill! What are you doing?, I recognized my brother's girlfriend getting down of a car and running towards me, constantly checking if I was ok.

-I don't want to go back!, I struggled when she tried to lead me into a silver mercedes.

-Jillian Malie Clelland you better stop this show you're putting on right now, I heard that low scary voice that could only come from one person in this island.

-Or what?, I spat roughly while meeting my brother's blue eyes that had gone dark with rage.

He took a couple steps towards me until his face was inches apart from mine, making me chill to my bones.

-Get in the car. We'll talk when we get home. Nice work people!, he shouted as he went to open the door of the car for me, expectantly waiting for me to go with his command.

-Sweetie just go, ok? I promise everything will be fine, Cath's soft voice got to my ears and I looked at her in rage and distrust.

-I thought we were friends. I hate you and I hate you all!, I shouted as I ran to my brother's car and quickly got inside before I had to look at anyone in the eye.

I just wanted desperately to be left alone.

Steve's POV

Well things were completely south with this thing of Jill living with me. I had my hands gripped tightly on the wheel, trying to calm down enough to deal with my sister later. Hell I'd need more time than a short ride home to cool off.

-When we get home young lady, I want you to go straight to your room. I don't want to see you or hear you until I call you again. Do you understand?

-Pst, then just send me straight to mom's. That way you'll never see me again, she grumbled with a frown on her face while her arms rested folded on top of her chest.

I took a deep breath and looked at the cars in front of me to distract me for a moment. I needed to keep my temper down.

-You're not being fair Jill, I stated coldly as I saw a pair of angry eyes flash in the review.

-Oh I'm the one who's not being fair? It's you who punish me for lying, but then you lie all the time! I'm tired of you and mom. I don't want to live with any of you!, she shouted as a few tears made their way down her cheek.

I stepped on the brake harshly as we were right in front of our home. In one swift movement I turned my torso around to stare right into my sister's greenish orbs with the coldest look I could muster. I was completely raged.

-Go to your room and for your butt's sake don't make me have to tell you again, I barked at her and within a few seconds she was locked into her room.

I stared at the wheel angrily and harshly slammed it with my fist. Goddammit! This is so not how I wanted our lives to be. Somehow all I had managed to do was to make her hate me. I knew I didn't handle the mom's situation so well, but I had done my best. I was doing the best I could.