Chapter 25: The boat trip

Next morning we arrived to the Waikiki beach to meet my friend Danny and the rest of the crew. He had to get up really early, because we needed to pick up Cath and Zeth too. We didn't say a word to each other inside the car. Him and my sister were just whispering on the back while Cath was talking to me to distract me from the awkward situation. Better that way. I couldn't start my interrogation with her and Jill watching me. Maybe in the boat I could have the chance of having a man to man talk.

Once we got there Danny's jokes started, but I just told him to shut his mouth and move his ass to the boat. After all we had lots of stuff to load. Zeth offered to help us, so the chance I was waiting for finally showed up.

-So Zeth, you look like a smart guy. Where do you go to school kid?, I said to him while we were loading the gas drum.

-Maryknoll High School sir, he answered me right away while loading some heavy boxes.

So far I liked him. At least he wasn't the typical punk. Scratch that: at least he was nothing like Brian.

-I see. It's a nice school, I said trying to sound a lil bit more polite.

I didn't need another lecture from my girlfriend for mistreating my sister's date. She couldn't complain. So far I was acting all nice.

-You don't play by any chance in their football team, do you Zeth?, Danny asked him and I had to hold a laughter.

The Maryknoll team were our sworn enemies when we were kids. Basically a bunch of bullies we had trouble with pretty often. No offense intended, but Zeth didn't look exactly like a bully. He couldn't scare not even my little sister. Being that said, there aren't many things that can scare my sister.

-Ummm.... no sir, I don't. I mean I used to be the quarterback in my school back in Boston but I haven't played in quite a long time.

-Wait... did you say Boston?, I said while turning my head to look at him.

He definitely haole, but I'd never guessed he'd be from the same place my sister is. Great.

-Yes sir. My family moved in here 4 years ago, he answered my question looking at me weird. Well I was actually freaking him out, it's just that I never imagined we'd be from the same place my sister is.

-Huh, I see, I said trying to distract myself with something else.

-It's a small world after all..., Danny sang quietly to me and I elbowed him on the stomach. Why does this guy always tries to piss me off? I'll have to kick his ass when we come back.

-So, we're ready to go?, Cath asked me suddenly. Thank God she came. This situation was getting too much awkward for me.

-Sure, we're ready. We'll see you in a couple of hours partner. Hope you enjoy the beach, Danny smirked at her.

-Haha you're so funny Daniel, she said while I helped her to hope into the boat with a gentleman's smile she gave back to me.

Barely we were done loading stuff we sailed to the open sea. You see, Danny's always been a little bit... more like a lot afraid of the sea. I don't want to bore you guys with the story, something about a friend of him stuck in the sea when they were kids. I've always said that as long as you know what you're doing the ocean is fine, the ocean is safe. That's what I always try to tell my sister, but she seems to have rocks in her ears when I talk to her. Like when I her she should NOT sit on the border of the boat.

-Jill for the fifth time get down of there, I scolded my sister while frowning at her. Why does she has the bad habit of making me repeat myself? That's something I really hate.