Chapter 10: Friend or foe

Brother, wake up!, I suddenly heard inside my dream. It seemed like a tiny, tiny voice. Maybe a little elf or a fairy. I was in the middle of a multicolor, full of glitter forest. Steven wake up! Where was that little thing hidden? I laid on the pink grass of the place, looking at the sky. Maybe that thing was flying on the sky, so I couldn't see it. Steve?

I opened my eyes and found Jill on top of me, shaking my shoulders with her little hands. I grabbed her wrists to stop the shaking and looked at her. Here it was the tiny voice owner.-Hold on Jill, what's the hurry?, I asked greeting her with a huge yaw and she frowned at me. Oh great, I was in trouble apparently. What did I do now?

-You scared me Steven. I've been yelling at you for the last five minutes and you didn't even move. I couldn't wake you up, she said folding her arms. I was trapped between her knees and she was sitting on my stomach, but I could barely feel her weight over me. Seriously, this kid needs to eat a lot more or she's gonna disappear anytime.

-I'm sorry kiddo, I didn't hear you. I guess I was deep asleep, I said caressing her hair, trying to get a smile from her, but she was still staring down at me. What was her problem? Too early to puzzles sis.

-Just that? You're sorry? Yeah you're sorry, but you scared the hell out of me Steven. Don't you ever do that to me again, she said folding her arms against her chest and talking sternly to me, just like I do to her. After that she couldn't help but laughing.

-Oh now we're funny, are we?, I said tickling her belly immediately bringing a smile to her lips, And watch your mouth next time you're joking, clear?, I said turning to my stern roll. But it didn't have much use at this point. After all, me half asleep laid on my bed wasn't a very scary image.

-Yes sir, but in my defense, you did actually scare me. What were you dreaming exactly?, she said laying next to me again.

-Would you believe me if I tell you that I can't remember?, I said closing my eyes again, trying to go back to my unusual dream, almost falling asleep again until Jill shook my shoulder again. Ugh, please just a minute. I felt my head very heavy, and I needed to rest.

-Steven! You have to get up. I wanna go surfing now your case is closed, she said opening my eye with her thumb and looking at me. I looked at her playfully annoyed.

-Let me go back to my sweet dream or else I'm gonna spank you Jill, I barked turning my back on her, inside laughing. I knew I was provoking a fight, but it was just too funny. Plus I haven't slept well in days thinking about our case, so I wasn't in the mood for a rough wake up and I had this freaking headache that was just killing me. My entire body hurt and I needed five more minutes. Just five more minutes...

-I dare you, she said shaking my body again and climbing upon me .

-You do?, I said smiling teasingly to her while grabbing Jill's little wrists. She instantly gave me a widen eyes look and started to struggle.

-You aren't serious, are you?, she said almost buying the whole thing until I laughed, C'mon seriously Steve. I wanna go out, I wanna know Hawaii, I wanna see Danny...

-You wanna see Danny?, I asked amused by the situation. Couldn't be my little sister had a crush in a 27 years old married guy. MY best friend and besides... what does she sees in Danny? He's not exactly the handsome, goodlooking type nor the smartest people in world (coughs) like me. Jill cleared her throat frowning at me.

-...daughter. Danny's daughter. If you'd ever let me finish a simple sentence...

-I do!... ok, you're right. Sorry, I said smiling to her and she smiled me back.-I guess I forgive you, but it's gonna cost you a kiss and a trip to the mall, she said turning her face so I gave her a kiss on her cheek.