Chapter 20: First encounter

Jill's POV

As I predicted, after lunch Zeth texted Cody and made arrangements to see them on the beach. I had no problem with that, since his friends tend to give us all the time we need to be alone, and I was actually looking to get to know them better. Well all of them except for Fred. That guy just... I don't know, I just don't like him.

-Can I ask you something?, I asked Zeth while we were waiting for Cody to pick us up.

-Shoot, he said while rubbing my hand that he was holding in his with his thumb.

-Does Fred has a problem with me or something?, I asked him trying to be as nice as possible. I didn't want to spend an entire day with a guy that's going to be rude with me, at least not if I don't know why.

-No, I mean..., he said while rubbing the back of his neck, It's... Fred. He's not a polite guy, you know.

-Yes I can see that, I agreed with him, But I don't know. It seems that I bother him or something, maybe it's just me, I don't know.

-No, it's not you, he said with a sigh, He doesn't really like me you know.

I stood there for a second looking at him as if he was crazy. Why wouldn't he like Zeth? He's a nice guy, and fun, and he's cool with Sally, Megan and Cody. That just didn't make sense to me, probably because I was asking to the wrong person.

-I see, I said attempting to change the subject, Look before I go to the beach I need to stop by home, so I can get some clothes you know, so maybe Cody can drop me a few blocks from my brother's place and I'll meet you later.

-I'll go with you, Zeth said while watching his friend Cody park in front of us with a funny smirk. Well probably Zeth doesn't, but I find Cody's jokes pretty much funny, and I could see lots of them in a near future.

-You don't have to, I said while walking towards Cody's car, Besides I don't want to put you in the ring with my brother, honestly.

-Before sitting in the car listening to Cody's jokes? I rather to be in the ring with Rocky itself, he said with a giggle while hopping into the car.

Oh boy, this guy had no idea what he was getting into. I was just praying my brother wouldn't be home. First of all, I don't feel like introducing Zeth to Steve, and second of all, I wanted to find a way to avoid the curfew Steve told me, not because until six wasn't late enough, but because I hated the fact he was treating me like a baby. If he's home, it's going to be civil war, and that cannot end up good for any of us.

Cody dropped us a few blocks away from my brother's place and said he'd wait in the car for us. We weren't really that far from the beach, but I just looooved his car, and being in a ride, making jokes, listening to loud music was pretty much fun than walking. I already knew Steve was home, since Cath texted me saying that they were home watching a movie. They just couldn't go to the movies, could they? Anyway, I told Zeth to wait outside for his own safety. I needed to get in there, drag some beach clothes as fast as I could and get the hell out of there before my brother starts questioning me.

Steve's POV

I was peacefully laying on the couch with Cath upon me. We were watching a movie when I heard the front door, so I peeked over my shoulder. I saw a small blond figure, who barely mumbled a "Hi" to me and locked herself in the dorm. Hmp, if she wanted to leave unseen, then she must be doing something I wouldn't approve. Great.

-Jill? Hey why are you home so early?, I called her while getting up from the couch and walking to her bedroom.

-I'm leaving already. I just needed to stop by and get some clothes. I'm going to the beach with Zeth and his friends, if that's ok with you, she said while I could hear her from the other side of the door, dropping her entire closet on the floor looking for something to wear.