Chapter 2: Parenting duties Pt.2

I was watching my favorite TV show when I glanced at the kitchen clock. Had passed around an hour and she didn't even move from her position. Probably she was in her own fairy tail world. That's where she goes when someone sends her to timeout or when she fights with mom. I looked at her for a sec. Yup, her eyes seemed to be lost in other kind of reality. That's something good about her. She has tons of imagination, but it has no use right now. I stood from the couch and walked toward her. I had to do something about her now, otherwise she was gonna think she won.

I took her cold food away from the table and I started to wash the dishes. Like I predicted, she gave me a winner look, with a huge and wide smile on her face. Oh she was far from winning. This had just started.

-Told ya. You cannot have me here forever, she said and I glanced that she was about to get up.

-Don't you dare to move from there, I said freezing Jill in her spot, Maybe you're not eating this food tonight, but I'm for sure not giving you anything else until you do, I said putting the fish and veggies into the fridge, saving it for tomorrow's lunch. And I was pretty sure about this.

-You can't do that! That food is gonna taste three times worse than today, she complained looking at the fridge with a disgusting look. I couldn't believe she was looking at a plate of food that way. After all, lots of people would like a warm plate of fish.

-And who's fault is that? I served you hot and tasty food. You decided not to eat it when I did, so you're gonna have to eat it cold, I told her finishing with the dishes and then I ordered, Go to your room.

She stomped her feet out of there and slammed the door behind her. Only when I heard that extremely annoying sound, I rubbed my neck and started wondering what I was gonna do next. Guess I have no choice, I said to myself repeatedly to encourage me. I couldn't believe I was doing this now. But she left me with no choice. I took a deep and long breath and then walked towards her room.

I opened the door to find my little sister with her headphones on and listening to really freaking loud music with her Ipod. Oh come on, is there anything she doesn't has? What else has mom bought her? A spaceship or something of the kind?

-Turn it off Jill, I said loud enough for her to hear me. She gave me a super annoyed look.

-What do you want now? It is not enough for you to starve me to death, now you have to forbade that I express myself through music?, she spat with irritation.

Wow, well that was a speech I wasn't expecting from her. Apparently the girl knows how to pick out words.

-No, I want to have a little chat with you and I need both of your ears available if possible, I told her placing my hands on my hip. I was more than tired of her little games. Sometimes she's just like mom, always trying to find the way to blame the others for their own screw ups.

-Fine, she said turning her iPod off and roughly throwing it under the bed, There. Now what?, she said still arrogant. Oh I was going to make her quit that attitude very quickly.

-Now it's time for you to listen for once in your 13 years old life. Look, I know that maybe this is not something that you'd have chosen for your summer, but you're spending another three months here so maybe you should stick to the rules a little b... quite a lot more. First of all, you can't do what you did today. You aren't sleeping the whole day doing nothing. I just let you 'cause you had a hard time today, but that's it. Second, you eat what I put on your plate, and you eat it all. I don't care if you like it, if you don't, if it has too many calories, whatever. And third, when I send you to your room is not for you to have fun and "express yourself through music". It's for you to think about what I'm telling you.